• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TWO CATS
    First Lieutenant

• Feb 2006

seriously mucked up

I don't seem to be able to create a folder for new website*how do I do this)? ,so I can't name a page index to publish.The c/panel tutorials are not working properly
    ,Can somebody please tell me what I have done wrong and how to fix it? My new site is chapartipoodles.com there is a folder in c/panel with that name but nothing in it ,How do I move files into it/I have tried and nothing happens.
    Please can anyone help
    Two Cats
    www.magicpallete.com
    www.catpetalogue.com
  • Basketseller
    Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Re: seriously mucked up

Yes, what IS up with the Control Panels? Before they were "improved" I could do anything I needed to do in the Control Panel. Now it just sits there and hangs and I keep getting that message about a script on this page is running too slow and it's going to crash, would you like to stop it now?

How am I supposed to manage my websites when the Control Panel doesn't work, and when might this be fixed???

Thank You
    Basketseller

Comment

• Basketseller
      Sergeant

• Oct 2007

PS I am on Server 19.

Basketseller

Comment

• ahimsa
        Major General

• Jan 2009

Hi 2 cats,
        To start a 2nd. site you don't really need to do anything with cpanel just yet.
        Just create a new BV folder named chapartipoodles.
        Make your index page (the first page that every visitor will go to) the same as you did for your first site.
        When you come to publish make sure that in the "folder" window you type in public_html/chaprtipoodles.com and everything should be fine.
        When you make any more pages for this site save them in your chapartipoodles folder & always check the folder box, when you publish, is as above.
        Cpanel only really gets necessary when you want to upload files or do some more complicated stuff :)
        hope this helps & good luck,
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
        X