• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IndigoMosaics
    Corporal

• Jun 2008

Error 550

Hi all,

I just went through a major clean-up on my site cuz of hijack problems. In that occasion I made some deleting and changes in cpanel. Only I'm no techie and I'm afraid I made some wrong changes cuz now I have another problem:

I have a sub-domain, and today tried to re-publish it all, linkin it to the rest of my site. Only I continue to receive this message, when I try to publish:

ERROR: 550 Can't change directory to public-html/villafiore: No such file or directory

I publish it here: public_html/villafiore

What am I doing wrong? I'm really needing some help! Please!

Thanks so much in advance

Tina
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Error 550

Have you looked at your server to see if villafiore is still there?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• IndigoMosaics
      Corporal

• Jun 2008

Hi Chris,

I went into my cpanel and villafiore exists as a sub-domain. But when I go there it says 'no records'. The other day I deleted all files in my cpanel cuz of problems with hijacking, and maybee this is the reason?!
      But I still don't understand why I can't upload or publish any of my /villafiore pages.
      I was pretty upset because of this hijacking problem, and went around inside the cpanel with a machete, sort of, so it's very probable that I tuched 'something' I shouldn't.
      I moved around with the permissions, too, but today tried all possible combinations of permissions, and nothing helped - arghhhh!

Would I have to delete the sub-domain and recreate it?

Thanks for your time and interest=o)

Tina
      IndigoMosaics

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Not sure what you might have done? But villafiore is not showing up when looking for the directory. Is this the correct spelling & all in lower case?
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• IndigoMosaics
          Corporal

• Jun 2008

Hi Chris,

yes, spelling is correct, and all in lower case. I'll try to delete the sub-domain and recreate it, and see if that helps. I'll post here after to let you know.
          Thanks so much.

Tina
          IndigoMosaics

Comment

• IndigoMosaics
            Corporal

• Jun 2008

Hi again,

I deleted the sub-domain, and recreated it, and this time I could see the site, only the pictures didn't load.
            I remade all the pics of the sub-domain directly from my pc, not from the BVimages file, checked the permissions in cpanel, and checked that the 'Publish all files' option was checked when publishing, but nothing helped. The site was visible on the internet, but the images didn't load.
            Today I deleted the sub-domain for the third time, and recreated it. Only now I get this page:

What the heck is happening???
            I would really appreciate an opinion about what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks so much

Tina

Comment

Working...
            X