missing public_html folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing public_html folder

I logged into the ftp with the ftp provided in blue voda. I havnt made any new ftp accounts just using the one i was given. When i opened it there was no public_html folder in there. Should i make a new one or what is happening.

Re: missing public_html folder

Seems rather impobable that "public_html" is missing.
    Yes, you can create one yourself, but I would investigate this issue by submitting a support ticket .
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks. When i log into the FTP should it be displayed there

Comment

Yes.

Go in CPanel, File Manager and check there to see if the folder exists or not.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

when you open FTP chances are you are already in public_html by default, you are looking for it and hence why it's not on the list cos you're in it no doubt.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I too just tried to upload and got an error 500 no public file or directory. It worked 2 days ago and there is a file there. Do I need to reapply? Or did I delete something without knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by snipe1038 View Post
              I too just tried to upload and got an error 500 no public file or directory. It worked 2 days ago and there is a file there. Do I need to reapply? Or did I delete something without knowledge.

If you have a cpanel your "public_html" is there.

I have been here since 1986 and you are the only two people who has lost their "public_html" folder.

I have never heard of anybody ever losing "public_html"!

Your public_html is your "domainname.com". How can it be missing?
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Ok I have figured out that the public_html is alright just trouble with the FTP provider. Here is my real problem. I uploaded a file from the bv website builder and did exactly as the tutorial instructed and saved the page as index.bvp but when I type in the url jctp.us I still get an index page. driving me nuts. I know it has to be something simple. Must need more sleep I pound at this thing when I get off night shift.

Comment

Save your index page as index all in lower case letters. Do not add the .bvp extension. This is added automatically.

Do not upload the file. Use the built in publish icon or click File > Publish. The .bvp page will be converted to .html automatically.
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I did the save file as index and nothing else. unfortunately I am haveing a problem with my ftp provider. When I try to upload using them I get an error 550 can't change directory to public_html: no such file or directory. I have sent in a ticket to check on the problem but I am unfortunately at the bottom of the priority list.

Comment

okay I checked the ftp account manager and my jctpus directory is blank.that could explain the message I get when I try to upload. Since I have no access to this it was not I who deleted it.

Comment

I think we need more info from you on this, snipe1038. Your index page is showing fine (you are the Johnson County Tea Party). What is the "ftp provider" you speak of, and what are you trying to upload?
                        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

The reason for the index page working just fine is due to a fella at voda host that after getting a basic idea from me as to what I thought was the true problem uploaded the file for me at his end. It would seem my ftp server decided I was the wrong sort and decided to yank my chain. My original log in and pass word shall we say no longer functioning correctly and for a lack of anything else to say sent me the error message.

Daniel gave me a new identity and pass word and all is now well. Frustrating that the ftp liked me the first couple times when I made some practice runs and when I was ready to do the dirty deed it got all uppity and such.

Thanks for what help yall offered and tried to do, I appreciate that mightily.

Don

Comment

Maybe there is a misunderstanding on terminology. Upload is something you manually place on your server that is a non Blue Voda item. (PDF's, etc.)
                            Publish is what you MUST do for BV designed pages.
                            You cannot FTP a BV page and expect it to work properly.
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi
                            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

Don is not listening.

Don is rambling!

He is talking nuts!
                              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                              X