hits,pages,etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hits,pages,etc

There is no video on the following in cpanel, pages,hits,bandwith, meaning of different parts of awstats.

any help would be great.

I know how to read the awstats, but some of it doesn't make since. like my unique vistors would be 295, visits, 365, pages 35,000, hits 63,000

this doesn't make any sense.

can you please help thank you

Re: hits,pages,etc

Yeah I've noticed this on mine, lots of unique visitors and so on...but probably the real question is 'wheres all my enquiries based on these numbers?'' isn't it?....lol

I think the numbers probably speak for themselves because lets face it you have a link back from this forum, which attracts a lot of people. I've just clicked on your link so your unique visitor count has now just gone up to 296...lol
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

lol, whats the difference between hits, pages?

Comment

I just found this on Google which should answer your question http://www.opentracker.net/en/articl...-pageviews.jsp
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Ignore page hits... this doesn't really give you any useful information. One person visiting 2 or 3 pages can generate several if not hundreds of hits to your site as it has something to do with counting how many images and other files on your pages. You only really need to be interested in Unique visits and page views.

although i don't believe this for a second:

295, visits, 365, pages 35,000, hits 63,000

I believe the 295 bit... but can't see that 295 visitors have gone through 35,000 pages?
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I know thouse numbers are just numbers they don't repesent anything. The point was to show that those numbers are pretty close to being that far apart. I'll find it and post it for you.

heres the link to that page give it a look. you will see what I mean.

Comment

You can't link me to your control panel.. Only YOU can see that.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

incase you cant view it heres what it says
                unique visits-103
                number of visits-155
                pages - 8,915
                hits - 90,313
                bandwidth - 756.33 MB

and at the bottom in HTTP status codes-which I don't understand
                206 parial content - 846 hits
                404 document not found - 576
                301 moved permanetly - 114
                302 moved temporarily - 74

what does it mean?

thank you so much for you help

Comment

Those numbers are more believable : - )

Nothing unusual there.

206 erro, could be caused by stopping or refreshing a web page before it loads.

404 is page not found (If you click on the 404 in awstats it will tell you more info.

301/2. Have you set up any redirections on any of your urls?

Comment

no redirections, do i need to? every link is working and goes to the correct page. I'm not sure on what I may need to do. I know on the 404 and I clicked on it and it shows these

url (13) error hits

/robots.txt

and the other pages are of pages i have created they on have a 1 in the error hits column. the robots has 95.

what do these mean?

Comment

now i know, these are pages that I have changed to a different name of the product has been discontinued and I have deleted out of the file yet in cpanel. but Im still not sure what /robots.txt is?

Comment

well som eof those pages are not in my file manager in cpanel or in BV builder, where should I look?

Comment

How do I erase these pages that are in the 404 error if there not in my BV builder or in the cpanel file manager?

Comment

in the cpanel at the bottom of the awstats,
                            what does the word robots.txt mean in the error section?

Comment

Working...
                            X