CP - htaccess question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP - htaccess question

I'm creating a membership site uing Word Press with a special plugin called DAP. DAP protects and drips content to paid users. DAP works with a WP site or a static web page. I would like to build my main members page with Blue Voda because I am familiar with it and it is easier for me to use. In order to make DAP work with this, I contacted DAP support and the instructions listed below were provided to me. I tried to locate the .htaccess file in my control panel but do not seem to be able to locate it. Can you tell me where or how I can find it?

Thanks - Bob M

DAP INSTRUCTIONS

>> Can I also use DAP to protect content on a static website (not WP) that I create which is on the same directory and with the same web hosting service as my WP blog where DAP has been set up? <<

Yes. You can protect static files (not WP) as long as DAP is installed on the site.

You can upload the files to /wp-content/uploads folder. But if that's not an option, then -

#Paste this at the very end of your .htaccess file in your web site's root folder

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    #dap
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !dapclient.php
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/dap/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !(.*)(\.php|\.css|\.js|\.jpg|\.gif|\.txt)$
    RewriteRule (.*) /dap/client/website/dapclient.php?dapref=/$1&plug=wp&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !dapclient.php
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/dap/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !(.*)(\.php|\.css|\.js|\.jpg|\.gif|\.txt)$
    RewriteRule (.*) /dap/client/website/dapclient.php?dapref=/$1&plug=wp&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    </IfModule>
  • wysiwyg4
    Major

• Nov 2007

Re: CP - htaccess question

It should be under public_html.

For add-on, under public_html/your-addon/

You can use FTP to check it.

Once you find it, copy it over to your PC.
    Make changes and send it back onto the server
    in the same directory you got it from.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Working...
    X