• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulk2
    First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Downloading code from cPanel

I received a number of page errors when I ran the W3C Validator on each of my website pages. The only way I could correct them was by editing the code with the "code editor" on cPanel. This works but it leaves me with the unedited version of the pages on my computer. I would like to just do this editing on my computer and publish but I can't find a way to do this. Is there a solution?

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Downloading code from cPanel

Not true: when using the < Code Editor >, it opens in another browser Window/Tab, and to Exit (to close the Window/Tab) you must choose between 2 options to close it when you are done -- "SAVE CHANGES" and "CLOSE WITHOUT SAVING" ..... how could you miss either?

Also, you are splitting hairs unnecessarily about something that is both moot and minutia in comparison to the other standard processes of proper web development that are going observedly left undone in your website evolution, and this mispriority was already replied to you in your other thread ......

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
    As far as complying with W3C standards ... it seems more than a few VodaTalk Members read my couple of references and gave more import to the concept than they should have, since they still struggle with the completion of the many more concepts and details regarding the refinment of web design.....
    Don't get me wrong: it is important, but it is so much more important to fully comprehend the nuances, inter-relationships, and complexities of solid web construct, basic to advanced SEO, and true relevancy as a symbiotic aspect of Content development and site evolution both.
    Dealing with W3C validity is a "High Concept" that is fit for those capable of cleaning up code and dealing with core structure ..... it is all about page code being codified and universally performing and presenting (the soft way to end manipulative practices).
    Unless you are an Advanced Webmaster (or love coding by hand), you are much better off using the tools found HERE
    Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
    The issue with png fix is that IE has always been unable to render png images, so a css instruction (as you see it in the code) has become necessary.
    There is no other way to have IE display png's so the error is more than acceptable.
    Swallowing camels and straining on gnats .....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Paulk2
      First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Thanks again Vasili!

Apparently I didn't state what I was looking for very clearly. I did correct the code that was giving me errors using the "code editor" in cPanel. I did press the "SAVE CHANGES" button and I check my website page(s) to verify that I didn't negatively affect anything by making these changes. That said, what I wanted to do next was update the "php" pages residing on my computer. I was hoping to download the changes I made with the "code editor" to the "Page HTML" but I couldn't find a way to do this. Is there such a way?
      Paul
      BTW - I did read the other posts and understand the issue with that particular code. Thanks again!

Comment

• Paulk2
        First Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Re: Downloading code from cPanel (update)

Hi Vasili,
        I now believe what I was trying to do can't be done. I read an old thread where someone else was basically trying to do the same thing and Naveldesign told him it was not possible.
        I was able to validate all my pages with the W3C Validator but it was a PITA and I wouldn't recommend that anyone do it!
        Again, thanks for all your help on this. I really appreciate it!

Paul

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Again ... Gen. Naval affirmed my reply to a certain someone only a few days ago. Kinda wish people would really take the time to think about my replies and take my word for things ....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X