• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryan Hogan
    Private First Class

• Jun 2011

Can't Find uploaded files with File Manager

Using the File Manager, I can upload index.bvp's and they display. When I use File Manager, /home/[mywebsite] > public_html (with show hidden files selected), there are no files listed. I've went through all the available selections and all the sub-directories, but can't find content.

May I know what the correct procedure is?

Thank you!
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Can't Find uploaded files with File Manager

You do not use cPanel to "upload" files created using BlueVoda -- you must use the PUBLISH command (or Icon) within BlueVoda only, for when publishing to a VodaHost server, they are un-encrypted automatically into the proper ".html" format so they will display online.
    How To Publish BlueVoda Pages To The Internet

If in addition to your improper means of "publishing" your pages while in your cPanel and using FILE MANAGER to examine your hosting account you cannot "find" any page files you say should be there, then I would suggest only two alternative means to resolving the issue:
    1. Properly PUBLISH your BlueVoda pages using the method required (and not "upload" them);
    2. If after proper Publishing the pages do not display online as they should and they are not "visible" in your account structure, Contact Support to have them take a look to make sure your account was properly migrated to the new Litespeed servers.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• SherylT
      Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Re: Can't Find uploaded files with File Manager

Bryan, I'm having the same problem today. Yesterday, I was able to publish and upload okay. Today when I went to upload a .pdf file through control panel/file manager, none of my pages for ANY of my websites is showing up. Can't upload . . . get "error on page note". I've submitted a Support Ticket.
      Sheryl Tupa
      Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
      Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
      New Baby Cartoons
      Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
      Cloud Nine Photo Magic
      Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Comment

Working...
      X