• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servinyahweh
    Corporal

• Sep 2005

Audio Files require login

I uploaded files to File Manager and someone tries to use the link it asks for a login and password - I do not have it protected in any Password Protect folder. What do I do to remove login so that it goes directly to the file and people can download it?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Audio Files require login

Obviously the link you provided is likely an improperly configured direct link to the file via Control Panel (since there is no website to process a URL otherwise), as such, it is asking for cPanel Login permissions. It is impossible to allow connection to cPanel anyone else but yourself without sharing your personal Login info, which would be a violation of VodaHost's Terms of Service: you can only share files as such using a properly configured link published on a website hosted in your account.

>>How to create a download

You can also check to see if any directory in your hosting account is in fact Protected, simply by clicking on the PASSWORD PROTECTION icon in cPanel, which will then display on the Main Page all the presently protected directories in the account.

1. Use BlueFTP to upload your files to your public_html/ directory (Root Directory) of your hosting account. Do not create any folder, nor place these uploaded files in any folder. (if you have already created and/or uploaded files to any specially created folders, delete them using BlueFTP also)
    > How to use BlueFTP

2. If after you've properly uploaded the files to your public_html/ directory and you have placed the text and summarily hyperlinked that text using a link that looks something like this http://clbcstudents.com/may20.MP3 setting "Target = _blank" and it still does not work, then go back and try using all lower case letters in the link: http://clbcstudents.com/may20.mp3

3. If this yet again does not work to open your file online, you may wish to install RealPlayer.com on your local computer, as many systems do not have an updated Windows Media Player that will actually play MP3. Or ... you may wish to convert these MP3 files into the more visitor-friendly WAV/WMA file format, so more people do not have trouble opening a file formatted that their player cannot open.
    * Check out the free file converter from HERE
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Servinyahweh
      Corporal

• Sep 2005

I am so frustrated with trying to change some things on my website. I am doing what you said, and I have done this in the past with no problem. However, now it is not working correctly. /may20.MP3 is the file name and it is not working. I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

Comment

• Servinyahweh
        Corporal

• Sep 2005

Thank goodness, I finally got it. Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Working...
        X