Primary Domain names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary Domain names

Hello, I am about to sign up to vodahost - but I want to make sure I am entitled to the free domain name. The trouble is that I already have a domain registered that I would like to use as the primary domain for my account. However, if I choose the free domain option on sign up, then there is no way that I can specifiy that I want my existing domain to be used as the primary domain. The fields in the sign up form will only allow me to use the newly created (free) domain as the primary. How do I change this, and will it cost me anything? I would like to take advantage of the free domain registration for possible use in a few months time - but I do not need it now. Because of this, I do not need or want to make the new (free) domain an add on or sub domain either - as I gather I may have to pay for that. At this stage I just want to register the name. Can anyone help me please? Thanks, Jeff.

Re: Primary Domain names

click here to use a domain name you already own...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi VodaHost,

Yesterday, Brad Costello, Marketing Director, sent me a standard email inviting me to select my free domain name, by following a hyperlink. When I did so, I found that "jungiananalysis.com" and "jungiananalysis.net" are both available, so I applied for the first one as my free domain name.

Today, a person called Joshua Jaganath of NameGiant Ltd. emailed me with a long-winded argument to say that this was a terribly valuable name and that
      "...The price of this domain is £7,000 Great British Pounds or US$13,220
      (close offers may be considered). "

(Full text of his letter available if you give me an email address to send it to.)
      Given that the name is available and that Blue Voda promise in several places that the first domain name is free, that is hardly acceptable, is it?

Are we to believe the Blue Voda advertising, or will there be more nasty little surprises like this?

Given that I was almost ready to sign up, pay up and publish my site, this is a serious disappointment.

Can you sort it out?

Comment

Domain Name: JUNGIANANALYSIS.COM
        Registrar: BLUE RAZOR DOMAINS, INC
        Whois Server: whois.bluerazor.com
        Referral URL: http://www.bluerazor.com
        Name Server: NS2.TRAFFICZ.COM
        Name Server: NS1.TRAFFICZ.COM
        EPP Status: clientDeleteProhibited
        EPP Status: clientRenewProhibited
        EPP Status: clientTransferProhibited
        EPP Status: clientUpdateProhibited
        Updated Date: 10-Feb-2006
        Creation Date: 10-Feb-2005
        Expiration Date: 10-Feb-2007
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank you Bill, but I'm still no wiser as to why the domain name was listed as available yesterday as a free first domain name option, yet today would cost seven thousand English pounds.

Confused: Bernard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Webster
            Hello, I am about to sign up to vodahost - but I want to make sure I am entitled to the free domain name. The trouble is that I already have a domain registered that I would like to use as the primary domain for my account. However, if I choose the free domain option on sign up, then there is no way that I can specifiy that I want my existing domain to be used as the primary domain. The fields in the sign up form will only allow me to use the newly created (free) domain as the primary. How do I change this, and will it cost me anything? I would like to take advantage of the free domain registration for possible use in a few months time - but I do not need it now. Because of this, I do not need or want to make the new (free) domain an add on or sub domain either - as I gather I may have to pay for that. At this stage I just want to register the name. Can anyone help me please? Thanks, Jeff.
            Hi Jeff,

i'm afraid the system will not allow this, However, as you know, when you register for free a domain name, that's for the first year, from the second yearon you pay for renewal. So, i suggest that you sign in with Option B, that is WITHOUT a free domain name, using your already registered domain, and then, as a VodaHost client, you are entitled to a new domain name registration for just $ 2.95 for the first year, as you can see in http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/tre...ain-names.html
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X