Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .com to .co.uk???

Hey all,
    At present i have a .com domain name through Vodahost(www.indigohairdesigns.com) but i also have www.indigohairdesigns.co.uk registered with domainsrush but i have not uploaded a website there!...is there any way that i can change the indigo.co.uk address in place of the indigo.com address i have with Vodahost! Will i have to re-upload the website to the .co.uk or will it just go in place of the .com address?

(My God i just read that back and i've even confused my self!!!!, Hope someone gets what i'm trying to do!...lol)

Thanks for your time and any solutions greatly appreciated!

Rach...x
    www.indigohairdesigns.com

Re: .com to .co.uk???

If you want to change the domain name associated with your account, you need to submit a support ticket. I beleive that there is a fee for that.

However, you can also simply add the .co.uk domain in your account, as addon domain, and then create a site for it.

Your existing site will NOT just automatically present itself as .co.uk, because all the links between your pages are absolute URLs, hat is http://www.indigohairdesigns.com/pagename.html . You will need to edit your menubar as well as the rest of your links, taking off the .com and placing .co.uk instead.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

or why not just have both .com and .co.uk point to yoyr website thats what i would do
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. Allstarr!...how would i point them both to my site?
        Sorry if this is annoying but i'm just starting out on this stuff

Thank-you

Rach...x
        www.indigohairdesigns.com

Comment

as naval said -However, you can also simply add the .co.uk domain in your account, as addon domain-
          im not totely sure how at this point but sure someone witha bit more brains will help soon but yes im sure it can be done easily enough

just had thought phew that hurt y cant you get the name transferd over and then clone your site then publish it to the new url like this lets say when you go to publish it says to site thatgoodiste.com your new target will be thatgoodsite.com/newsite
          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

You can enter your domainsrush CP and redirect the .co.uk site to your existing .com site. .com is just as prestigious as a .co.uk site, so i beleive you will have no problems with your visitors. SE is a totally different question: .co.uk needs to have it's own site to get a good ranking.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X