• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dummies guide needed!

You publish in folder : public_html/scottywebdesign
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Just done that, but its come up with 550 error cannot find file or directory! any ideas?

Comment

If "scottywebdesign" is the new domain folder, then what i gave you is the correct folder to publish to. If it is different, the the correct folder is "public_html/foldername" whatever foldername is.

Also make sure you have not any blank spaces after the last character of public_html/scottywebdesign If there is a blank space, you will receive this message.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

yes the folder is called "scottywebdesign" I open the folder & click on the index page, then click on publish, added scottywebdesign onto the public html bit, no spaces, but then get the erroe message
          550 can't change directory to public html etc as no such file or directory exists!

Comment

You said above that you have deleted the subdomain accidentally created during the first steps. Did you by any case delete the folder ? connect with FTP to your site and check if there is a "scottywebdesign" folder.
            All this, because i can see no "scottywebdesign" folder in your site
            Navaldesign

Comment

Here is the error: the folder is "scottywebdesigns" with an s at the end.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Hi, no I haven't deleted anything off of the sub domains, it has three on there
                ittakes the biscuit
                scottywebdesigns
                & a mixture of the two!

Your a star! I've managed to publish the index page now but I am still getting the 500 internal server error, can't find website message, not sure whats going on with that as my partner has managed to add two domain names to his account at work this morning (after I did mine) & his is already up on the net!

Comment

Ignore post #20. The problem was the missing "s". And i can see your index, a dish with two bones and 3 more biscuits. Just try again. Click on http://www.ittakesthebiscuit.co.uk/scottywebdesigns/

It seems like your DNS has not propagated through the net yet.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

To be honest I'm on the verge of giving up! I have a support ticket which wasn't helpful at all! it said I need to change the domain name in cpanel but that was it! nothing else which to me was useless, I assumed thet mean't the addons button so I went to there & changed it to scottywebdesign (without an s) then went to my folders to change everything so it did not have an s on the end & I'm still in the boat! the only thing I can think that it wrong is, I went to ftp & looked there & it has the addon domain as scottywebdesign@ittakesthebiscuit.co.uk which does not sound right at all, been at this now for 8hours & I think I've had enough! :(

Comment

Changing the DNS means you need to enter your VBS VodaHost Billing Services control panel (not the VodaHost CP) and set the DNS for your new domain to point to the same DNS as your main account. And please, DO NOT mess up with the "s" etc. If you added the domain in your account as "scottywebdesigns" that's how the DNS system has registered your new domain. If you manually delete the "s" your site will NEVER come up. If you wish, use myform to send me your loggin details (IP, username and password, and also your VBS email and password) and i will check it for you and eventually fix it
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Thankyou so much, I have contacted you via your form

Comment

Ok, i'll have a look in about 1 hr
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Ok, problem solved. You had set the DNS to be dns15.vodahost.com and dns16.vodahost.com instead of the correct ns15.vodahost.com and ns16.vodahost.com . Please allow 24 to 48 hrs for dns propagation through the net. You can however publish your pages in "public_html/scottywebdesign" and you can vew your pages by clicking on the link http://www.ittakesthebiscuit.co.uk/scottywebdesign/index.html

or http://www.ittakesthebiscuit.co.uk/s.../pagename.html

changing the "pagename" with the actual page name (aboutus, products, contact etc.)

I also deleted the wrong folder "scottywebdesigns"
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thankyou so much! I'd just about given up hope! I assume once its up & running I can type in www.scottywebdesign.co.uk & it will come up as a separate website to my main site? so there isn't actually a link between the two?

Helen

Comment

Strangely enough, it is already on the air! click on www.scottywebdesign.co.uk Addon domains are by all means independent domains, they just share the same disk space with your main site.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X