• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LostinSupermarket
    Corporal

• Aug 2006

Domain Name Transfer clarification.

Hi,

I'm still very new here at VH but I love it here. I am trying to get to the point where I have 3 domains. The one that I purchased when I set up the account is in place. I want to buy a new domain and I've read the tutorials - so that seems simple.

The transfer has me a bit confused. In the requirements it says that I need to be the "administrative contact" for the domain but in the why-transfers fail section it says that I have to be the "owner".

In this case, the domain is owned by my partner (we are forming an LLC). Ultimately all the assets - including my current VH domain will be owned by the LLC, but I'd like to get his existing domain over here. Does he have to transfer ownership of the domain name to be transfered to me - or can he simply update the administrative contact information.

Oh and btw - when our LLC forms can I transfer the ownership of my current site by updating contacts or do I need to do something in the billing section?

thanks so very much for the help.

- Lost
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Domain Name Transfer clarification.

Originally posted by LostinSupermarket
    Hi,

I'm still very new here at VH but I love it here. I am trying to get to the point where I have 3 domains. The one that I purchased when I set up the account is in place. I want to buy a new domain and I've read the tutorials - so that seems simple.

The transfer has me a bit confused. In the requirements it says that I need to be the "administrative contact" for the domain but in the why-transfers fail section it says that I have to be the "owner".

In this case, the domain is owned by my partner (we are forming an LLC). Ultimately all the assets - including my current VH domain will be owned by the LLC, but I'd like to get his existing domain over here. Does he have to transfer ownership of the domain name to be transfered to me - or can he simply update the administrative contact information.

Oh and btw - when our LLC forms can I transfer the ownership of my current site by updating contacts or do I need to do something in the billing section?

thanks so very much for the help.

- Lost
    Hi Lost!

Someone will correct me if I am mistaken but I think it's just a case of updating the contact information. The 'Ownership' is in reference to you having the 'right' to trasfer the domain. If you have the login and password to administrate the domain then you should be fine.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• LostinSupermarket
      Corporal

• Aug 2006

Re: Domain Name Transfer clarification.

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna give it a try!!

Comment

Working...
      X