• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katieC
    Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Changed Administrative Contact .......

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new at this, I'm having a few questions here that I can't seem to get answered or figure out -- I'm hoping that someone can help me with this. Here are my questions so that they are easier to answer in later posts .....

1) I've gone into Register.com (where my account is for www.haydell.com) and changed the dns numbers to the vodahost one's, and I also UNLOCKED all the stuff so that changes can be made at this time. What do I do from here, with VODAHOST so that VODAHOST knows that this dns is pointing to it's servers and what I'm working on? How does vodahost know that this is pointed and changed to the vodahost servers? I am now showing in register.com as the administrative contact for this account and my email is used as the MAIN CONTACT for this account.

2) I have a vodahost account, but when registering for vodahost, I had a different domain name that i wanted to use that also was purchased through yahoo -- since the last two days, my boss has wanted to change our account to WWW.HAYDELL.COM as opposed to the original signed - up for one (the www.advanced-equipment.com which was started by someone else in yahoo host and we don't even want to mess with that or have anything to do with that one) -- so basically, I need to figure out how to change my VODAHOST ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THE WWW.HAYDELL.COM right?? Or is there a different way to do this?? I want to have a way that when someone types in the www.haydell.com -- they can see what is already in construction by me and I want the account to say www.haydell.com ------ what do I do??

3) How do I get my PAGES that I'm working on, to be the www.haydell.com INSTEAD OF WHAT WE WERE DOING AT FIRST which is the www.advanced-equipment.com and this is what was originally on the welcome letter ....??? I want to be able to see what Im doing on the internet, and until i figure out how to do this, I can't see my site (the www.haydell.com) --- I'm publishing everything and saving it, but the problem is -- everything is obviously still that other original advanced-equipment address because that's what I signed up with???? What do I do from here??

Thanks, to ANYONE who can answer these ones ...... I'm TOTALLY lost from this point on ....

Katie
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: Changed Administrative Contact .......

Katie:

1)...Now that you have pointed www.haydell.com to vodahost
    you need to go into your Cpanel(see your welcome letter)
    and add the above as an ADDON domain.
    ...Wait for up to 24 hrs and then you should be able to publish your first(index) page.

2)...Ignore your 1st account name for the moment. The www.haydell.com will be a standalone website to which you can publish any page you wish as long as you first publish an index page (index in small letters)

3)...Any of the saved pages which you published to

can be re-published to www.haydell.com
    .................................................. ........................................

An alternative is put in a support ticket and ask vodahost to reset your main account domain name to www.haydell.com

You will still have to re-publish everything to the above...............

good luck
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• katieC
      Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Re: Changed Administrative Contact .......

Wow, thank you SOOOO so much -- that answered everything I had a question about. I'll do everything you just told me, I appreciate that.

Thanks again,
      Katie

Comment

Working...
      X