X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain doesn't resolve to vodahost's servers

Dear vodahost and/or forum members,

Domain name: hatvani.com

When I purchased a hosting package I immediately changed the nameservers to ns17.vodahost.com and ns18.vodahost.com. This was at least a week ago. Within 24-48 hours the domain resolved ok.

Since then I have noticed that the domain gradually began pointing back to a parked page at my registrar. Two days ago it started doing this at my college, and now today it is doing this at my home. Note that even before this I was not using their parked page - I had it forwarded to a geocities page. I also removed this forwarding when changing nameservers.

Both the internic whois and my registrar whois databases have always shown vodahost's nameservers since I initially changed them. I also "updated" the nameservers when I began to see this anomoly. The strange thing is that I have several other add on domains under the same hosting account (same nameservers) which are still resolving fine.

Is there something that my registrar is doing (not doing) that is causing this? I have used their hosting before and it sucked (no cpanel and all its features) - I also politely told them. Is this something malicious? If there is another sensible explanation please give full technical details - I like to learn and understand rather than just drift through life.

Thx,
    Robert.
Working...
X