Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing new add-on domain

Hey y'all,

I had hoped to solve this problem as I have before, simply by reading through threads already here. Doing that did, in fact, help me with the process of adding a new domain. (plus watching the tutorial a couple of times).

At any rate, I've apparently managed to add on my recently transferred domain name, idealinternetincome.com. It shows up when I go to cpanel and click on addon domains.
    I also double-checked like the tutorial advised by going to FTP, and sure enough, it's listed there too.

I only have an index page under construction at this point, but tried to publish it, just to see if I could. I published it to public_html/idealinternetincome and I get the message saying it published successfully.

However, when I type in the address in the address bar and try to go to the new index page, I get an error page telling me the webpage can't be displayed. Any ideas what I've done wrong, and more importantly, how can I fix it? My original domain name is justsaydogs.com and it seems to still be working just fine.

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Honey
    Wish there was a magic way to get fresh, original content for your website or newsletter? There is!

Re: Publishing new add-on domain

Honey:

If you have added: idealinternetincome.com as an addon in Cpanel
    and if you have published your index (small letters) to
    public_html/idealinternetincome
    then you (and I) should be able to see your new site.

What I believe you have done is to add a SUBDOMAIN to your site
    because when I type in: http://idealinternetincome.justsaydogs.com/

It goes to a site with just a blank square box........try it and see, or republish your index page with some text on it to confirm that it is indeed your new index page.

If all the above is true, you need to delete the subdomain
    and use the ADDON DOMAIN to create a new standalone website(url)(http://idealinternetincome.com)
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

The problem is that you have purchased your domain elsewhere and your DNS are still pointed to the old nameservers, NS.MY-EHOST.COM and NS2.MY-EHOST.COM . You need to enter your control panel (the one you have with the company you registered this domain name) and change them to point to your DNS in VodaHost, or call them and tell them to do it for you.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'm on the verge of losing my mind. I called the registrar for idealinternetincome to see if they could point the name to my dns in vodahost....they say they transferred it and can't point anything anywhere, that I need to tell my current host to do it.

So then I tried to do what David suggested, it seems somehow it got added as a subdomain, (I still have no idea what I did to make that happen). Anyway, I tried to delete the subdomain name....got a message telling me it couldn't be deleted because it was connected to the addon domain, and that I had to delete the addon domain first.

So I try to delete the addon domain name 'idealinternetincome.com' and I get the following message:

Addon Domain Maintenance

Addon Domain Removal

Syncing Ftp Databases....Done Sorry, you do not control the domain idealinternetincome.com
        Sorry, the subdomain idealinternetincome cannot be removed because it is linked to the addon domain idealinternetincome.com. You must first remove the addon domain.

What?? I don't control the domain? This is the message I get when I try to delete the "addon" domain, not the subdomain. I go to addon domain, hit the delete button, and I'm told I must first remove the addon domain.

I feel like I'm running around in circles and I'm so confused my head hurts. Is there some number I can call so somebody can walk me through this mess?

Thanks so much for your help,
        Honey
        Wish there was a magic way to get fresh, original content for your website or newsletter? There is!

Comment

Hold, relax. That is an automated message, you don't have to remove anything. You had the job done well, you had it added as addon. When you add an addon domain, CP sees it also as subdomain. Of course it doesn't allow you to delete it, as long as the addon exists, so now that you tried to delete the subdomain, it gave you that message.

Your solution: submit a support ticket with all the details and ask thr help desk to point the DNS to your account. Make sure to include your account details, your VH id etc in the ticket.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X