Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add-on domain + maintenance of multiple web-sites

Hi,
    Currently I have one domain. I am looking to add an additional domains which is already registered and for which I have already activated the transfer to vodahost servers.
    I wish to re-organise my file publishing into nominative sub-folders:
    e.g.
    public_html/domain1
    public_html/domain2

1) How should I go about this without upsetting my current domain for which I have already a web-site up and running for a client.
    2) For the 2nd domain, I intend to create a web-site with a colleague and so we are likely to both be publishing to domain2 on a regular basis.
    How can I ensure that any publishing carried out by my colleague will not 'over-write' files related to the first domain.
    When using BlueVoda, currently all my files are \mydocuments\BlueVoda.
    With several web-sites this is not really adapted as each web-site will have its own index.bvp file.
    What do suggest is the best approach for carrying out maintenance on multiple web-sites via BlueVoda?
    regards
    dolcevit
    cust #2616

Re: add-on domain + maintenance of multiple web-sites

dolcevit:

When you create an addon domain, a new folder/directory is created for you
    in your public_html.

All you have to do to publish to your first/main website is to publish to
    public_html .............

To publish to your 2ndsite or 3rdsite etc you publish to:
    public_html/2ndsite or
    public_html/3rdsite

Just be careful when publishing......................

It is not a good idea to have 2 public_html folders/directories........

have fun
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

If you really want to feel safe that your colleague won't mess up other files - I suggest you buy a second hosting account for that domain. I have mistakenly published to my sub-domains without the right extension - it's easy to do - and you might be asking for trouble if you'll have someone else working in there also.

Just my 2 cents.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Site side: Also you can create separate FTP accounts, each one limited to the folder where that site resides. Have a look at: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...subfolder.html

This way, it is IMPOSSIBLE to overwrite files of the other domain, as you simply have no accees to it.

On computer side: just create different folders, inside your BV folder. Every folder will contain all the pages relevant to one of the sites.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X