X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirecting and existing e-mails

Client ID 10008.
    I have created a new BV site using the temporary URL for an existing site www.ftaaconsulting.com and I am now ready to redirect it VH.

I read that this will take a few hours to take effect and was planning on doing it over night so not to disrupt anything.

My question: what happens to the existing e-mails ? Do I first create them in cpanel using exact same ID's ? Will they lose what they have already with their exisiting provider?

Thanks
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Re: ***** : Redirecting and existing e-mails

Bill, first create the same email accounts in your VH account. Then, point the DNS to VH. Please note that as soon as you do this, you will probably not have access any more to your old hosting email account, so make a copy (download) any mails you have stored there. From the moment you point your DNS, till the moment that it becomes actually active (12 - 24 hrs) you will not be able to receive any mails. However, mails sent to you will not be lost: mailservers usually go on trying to deliver mail for 3 - 4 days. You will receive your mails in your VH account, as soon as the DNS propagation is complete.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
      Bill, first create the same email accounts in your VH account. Then, point the DNS to VH. Please note that as soon as you do this, you will probably not have access any more to your old hosting email account, so make a copy (download) any mails you have stored there. From the moment you point your DNS, till the moment that it becomes actually active (12 - 24 hrs) you will not be able to receive any mails. However, mails sent to you will not be lost: mailservers usually go on trying to deliver mail for 3 - 4 days. You will receive your mails in your VH account, as soon as the DNS propagation is complete.
      Thank you
      As always your help is invaluable.
      I will schedule it for the weekend.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Sounds like this could work for me too!
        thanks