Purchasing a domain name from another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a domain name from another

I am wondering if anyone has any tips, suggestions and safety precautions to use for purchasing a domain name from another person.

There is a certain domain name that I would like to purchase, the domain name is not being used, but has been registered for 6 years, and currently does not expire for another year ...

Does anyone have any insight as to what the norm may be if I approached this person to buy this domain?

Like, am I just opening up an invitation for them to continue to renew and renew and possibly want alot of money for the name?

Am I bringing it to light so that they may start using it?

What would the normal purchase amount be for a domain name, that someone has paid for for 6/7 years if they would sell it?

This domain is in another part of the world from me, how would I be secure that I would receive the rights to the domain name if they did sell it to me?

Any insight anyone can offer me from their past experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Purchasing a domain name from another

They can sell it for any amount they want to or think it can bring. Or they can be nice and sell it for a nomimal amount.

I just purchased a domain that I wanted. When they knew I wanted it - they put it on auction. I got lucky. They had the auction run 24 hours - started bidding at $29 - and no one else bid on it. I got the domain. I am in the process of moving it - but since this was done through what I hope is a reputable online service, I shouldn't have any trouble.

Find out where the domain is sitting and who owns it - and go from there. All you can do is ask.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Purchasing a domain name from another

Originally posted by Bethers
      They can sell it for any amount they want to or think it can bring. Or they can be nice and sell it for a nomimal amount.

I just purchased a domain that I wanted. When they knew I wanted it - they put it on auction. I got lucky. They had the auction run 24 hours - started bidding at $29 - and no one else bid on it. I got the domain. I am in the process of moving it - but since this was done through what I hope is a reputable online service, I shouldn't have any trouble.

Find out where the domain is sitting and who owns it - and go from there. All you can do is ask.
      Thanks Bethers .... I believe I found out who owns it and who registers it ... I believe I may not speak their language though? In this case, should i contact the registrar?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X