• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glenmike
    Master Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Hosted or SubDomain

I just registered two new domains. I'm a little confused (not unusual) about the next step... the instructions say to register them in the Add On Domain section. I did. But the more I think about it, I'm not so sure they should be there. These sites/pages will be totally different in look, tone, purpose, and function from the original "Domain" I just put them under.

Should I host each through BV separately? I don't have a problem with that.

Can I back out of the subdomain thing by going into Add On and just deleting them, and then start over as two new hosted sites?

This domain, subdomain stuff is always vexing!

Thanks to any who respond!

Poppi
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Hosted or SubDomain

Originally posted by glenmike
    I just registered two new domains. I'm a little confused (not unusual) about the next step... the instructions say to register them in the Add On Domain section. I did. But the more I think about it, I'm not so sure they should be there. These sites/pages will be totally different in look, tone, purpose, and function from the original "Domain" I just put them under.

Should I host each through BV separately? I don't have a problem with that.

Can I back out of the subdomain thing by going into Add On and just deleting them, and then start over as two new hosted sites?

This domain, subdomain stuff is always vexing!

Thanks to any who respond!

Poppi
    Hi Poppi!

Don't worry, if they are 'add-on' domains they will be totally seperate from your main one. No-one will ever know that they are add-on domains. You can make them look like whatever you want. I hope this puts your mind at rest.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

As Amanda said - look at my stores - both Pinata Palace and A Child's Palace are add-on domains. They are completely separate. And an add-on and sub-domain are different - you're doing an add-on.

And, Amanda, I've missed you and your posts. Glad to see you back again.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• glenmike
        Master Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Amanda / Bethers... my oars are in the water, rudder on course once again. I shall Add On!

Thank You!

Poppi

Comment

Working...
        X