• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dory
    Sergeant

• Oct 2006

Domain name and business name

As you know i'm new to all this and sometimes get very confused over what you may think is easy.

This is more of an opinion question than a support question.
    I am in the process of starting my own small business making greeting cards, My business is called "Captured Elegance", but that domain name is taken, do you think the domain name Captured Elegance cards is alright to use even though it is different from my actual business name, i have come too far with making all the cards and everything else involved in setting up the business to change the name. It would throw $100's of dollars down the drain if i did.

I take it my website can still be called my business name even though the address is different?

Many Thanks
    Dory.
    capturedeleganceonline.com
  • ez-ez
    Special Status

• Mar 2006

Re: Domain name and business name

Absolutely.. Domain and business names can be different.. so what.. your domain name is a little more important for the web because it is what search engines and the rest will recognize, not your business name.. example: thebestdomain.com proudly owned by the worstcompanyname ltd.

Now.. capturedelegancecards.com sounds cool.. and it aint different from your business anyways since your business is Captured Elegance.

The only issue here is tp consider your competition which is capturedelegance.com.. are they popular..?? do they do a great deal of SEO..?? how do they rank..?? you could use all that to your advantage if you have a name similar to theirs, especially if people actually search for them by name.

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

You want the domain name to be close to the name you'll use for the business - to make it easy for people to remember - adding cards is good and actually will help you because that's exactly what you do.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Dory
        Sergeant

• Oct 2006

Thank you both for the quick and helpful response, I have just purchased my Vodahost account and am now waiting for the check to be completed. I decided on capturedeleganceonline.com, my hubby pointed out that if i decide i want to expand from just cards, then this would be better. My site is coming along nicely and i've found it easier than i thought i would, so far, now i'm getting close to publishing and the cpanel, sounds daunting.
        But luckily with all the kind support on here, i'm sure i will manage it.

Thank you again
        Dory

Comment

• ez-ez
          Special Status

• Mar 2006

You are very welcome.. and may I add, you got a very clever husband.. good luck with the site, and please let us have look when you finish it.

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I agree with Carlos - that's a good choice in names and gives you room for growth. And I want to see, too!
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X