Domain Parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Parking

I have several 'parked domains' and they are all directed to my main domain/website when typed in the address field (www...). Is this automatic? If so, is there a way to turn this feature off ? much thanks....
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Re: Domain Parking

Yes, you can unpark your parked domains. Go in your CP, Parked domains, then just remove them from the list. Once unparked you need to set their DNS to where you want them to point.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
      Yes, you can unpark your parked domains. Go in your CP, Parked domains, then just remove them from the list. Once unparked you need to set their DNS to where you want them to point.
      Thanks for the reply Naval.
      I don't want to unpark the domains, I just don't want the parked domains directed to my home page when typed in the www.. field...
      Is this not possible? Can't they be just parked without having to point anywhere?
      Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

This is the meaning of parked domain: it points to that account index page.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          This is the meaning of parked domain: it points to that account index page.
          Ok. Now I understand. It's not an option. I thought 'add-on domains' was for directing traffic to the index/homepage and 'parked domains' was just for 'parking' with no re-direct. Does this mean that in c-panel both these options act the same or in "add-on domains" one has the option of directing the domain name to any site instead of the registered domain name/ index/homepage?
          ..Thanks for all your help...
          Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Parking f.e. domain2.com in domain1.com means thwt when a visitor types in his browser www.domain2.com he will see domain1.com

Addon domains instead are independent domains that just share the same disk space of the main account domain. So if your account is related to domain1.com and you add domain2.com as addon domain, CP will automatically create, in the same space, a folder, usually named after the addon domain, in this case a folder called "domain2". Not only, but it also declares this disk space, to the internet, as the space related to " www.domain2.com " . So, if you publish some pages in that folder, when a visitor types www.domain2.com, he gets pointed to those pages.

redirecting is a totally different thing: if you have some domains added in your account, you can, if you wish, setup a redirection to another website. F.e. my www.navaldesign.us is not parked. It is hosted elsewhere, and redirected to www.navaldesign.info
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X