X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Transfer - How long?

Hello,

Here's the lowdown ..

My friend knows someone who owns a domain and he is giving it to him. So I told him to go to VodaHost and transfer the domain.

The only problem is that, doesn't the owner of the domain get an e-mail asking if he accepts to transfer or .. what?

Because he's been waiting a week - just want to ask and wondering if someone can tell me how it works.

Thanks alot ..
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Re: Domain Transfer - How long?

Hi Jeremy! I have found that this thread is right on in terms of how it all works. If all has been done as noted, the administrator should get an email fairly quickly, like within a few days. Hope this helps.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...-vodahost.html
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Actaully the person listed as the administrator should get a confirmation email with in a couple of
      hours, not days...fi he has not received his transfer confirmation email. Tell him to....

1) Do a whois search to make sure that he is listed as the administrator with a valid email address.
      2) To check his bulk mail and spam folders. Sometimes email ges diverted into these folders.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you both. Will keep you posted.
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
        X