X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing & using an existing domain name

Hi there

I have just built a simple BV website and am ready to publish it. I live in Sydney and my business partner lives in Cairo. He registered our domain name with Melbourne IT. What is the next step? Do I have to get him to transfer the domain registration to my name, showing my email address or is there another way. Then what? Do I then 'transfer' the domain name to BV or do I just get Melbourne IT to change the nameservers.

Detours
    ID 62579725

Re: Publishing & using an existing domain name

You can just have the name servers on the domain pointed to your VH account - without any need to move the domain at all. Look at your email from VH and just have the name servers pointed correctly.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth

Thanks for clarifying that. You refer to an email from VH. I have received several but none with nameservers listed ?

Thanks

Comment

I thought the nameservers were listed on the initial email with your passwords, etc. If you don't have that - put in a support ticket and ask which nameservers you need to have your domain pointed to.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Detours: What Beth is referring to is the Thank you/welcome letter you received right after you joined Vodahost. It shows your package details, account details and name servers, passwords, etc. I still have mine and am looking at it now. It has all the info on it.Hope this helps.
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks but I never received a 'welcome letter'. I have 5 emails from Brad Cooper and none of them show my package details, account name, nameservers or passwords. Maybe it's because I don't have an account yet? I'm still only at the building stage. What to do ??

Comment

Ok, well in that case, the next thing you need to do is to join Vodahost and set up an account. You can't publish your BV website without an account. Click this link to join. http://www.vodahost.com/

After you join, then you will receive the welcome/thank you letter with all of the info you need.
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thank you it helped me out as well
                www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
                www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Comment

Working...
                X