This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nameserver switching

Hi, I have a domain name registered with 123-reg and it's nameserver is currently pointing at a hosting company(sitelutions). I would like to find out how do I switch the nameserver to vodahost's nameserver? just go to 123-reg control panel, modify the nameserver? I have done that, but my domain name is still hosted by Sitelutions, but not Vodahost. Help needed...thanks..

Re: nameserver switching

After you update your name servers in the 123reg control panel, you must allow around 48 hours for your domain name to propogate.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

How do you modify the nameserver in the Cpanel of your host? I have the same problem. At first I was trying transfer the domain to VH, but my current host will not change the "admin info" to reflect me...and I do not know why.

They told me that if i wanted any registrant info changed, I would have to tranfer the registry to another registry company (which I had never heard of). Can someone help me iron this thing out.

I contacted VH support and they informed me that I needed VH nameserver info and an authorization key. I'm not sure what this "key" is. My current hosting provider ignores my request for any such thing.

Please teach me how to point the namserver to VH, or help me transfer the domain.

Comment

Muzicman, unfortunately, you need to contact where you domain resides to change the nameservers. If you have an account with VH, then you received the correct nameservers with your welcome email.

Go to where you domain is and change the nameservers. They should have a way for you to do it yourself. If not, contact them and tell them what you want.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

click the below to learn how to update at 123REG

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/dns/dns_123-reg.htm

Please Note : 123REG is not VodaHost and has nothing to do with our company, if they are ignoring you. We can not assist.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the wisdom...I did as you recommended and the nameservers are changed.

Comment

Working...
            X