• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomissan
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Domain Name Question

I was asking if I could turn off the re-direct from parked domains.
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com
  • Tomissan
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Re: My post deleted

My original question and follow-up was concerning the automatic re-directs of parked domains. I said I didn't want the parked domains re-directed and there seemed to be some confusion because the answer was: "I got what I wanted".
    What I wanted to know was if I could turn this off. I don't want the parked domains being re-directed to my homepage.

thank you
    Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Domain Name Question

Please look at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...n-parking.html
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Nite Producer
        Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Originally posted by Tomissan
        My original question and follow-up was concerning the automatic re-directs of parked domains. I said I didn't want the parked domains re-directed and there seemed to be some confusion because the answer was: "I got what I wanted".
        What I wanted to know was if I could turn this off. I don't want the parked domains being re-directed to my homepage.
        I don't understand why it was deleted before receiving an appropriate answer.??

thank you
        Hey, don't get mad mate, it wasn't delete it, how comes I found it? it just the right person to answer your question wasn't here yet, with some patients, you will find your answer anyhow, just relax and you will be fine, everybody here is for help each other.

Good luck.
        The Producer

Comment

• Tomissan
          Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Nite Producer
          Hey, don't get mad mate, it wasn't delete it, how comes I found it? it just the right person to answer your question wasn't here yet, with some patients, you will find your answer anyhow, just relax and you will be fine, everybody here is for help each other.

Good luck.
          The post you're refering to was posted over a week ago in the "domain" thread and there was no response so I posted another one yesterday that was deleted, guess you didn't see it. Now I realize it was probably deleted because it was a double post... I did get the answer I was looking for from Naval. I wasn't aware that parked domains were automatically directed to my index/home page.
          In Cpane/Parked domains:

Parked Domain Maintenance

Domain pointers allow you to "point" or "park" additional domain names to your existing hosting account. This will allow users to also reach your website when entering the "parked" or "pointed" domain into their browsers.

I realize "add-on" domains point to the index/homepage but I guess from mis-reading the above I thought "or" meant it to be an option, point or park...now I see that my assumption was wrong.

Cheers
          Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Domain Name Question

You have understood correctly about parked domains, but not about addon domains. Addon domains, when created, point to a portion (a folder) in the same account of the main site, but, as behaviour to the eyes of the visitor, they are by all means independent domains. This is just a way of having more domains in a single account.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X