• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on domains

Hello
    John here.
    My domain name is www.locad.co.uk

Trying to figure out the add on domains procedure.
    I've checked the tutorial and successfully added a domain.
    Do I now need to go to http://www.vodahostdomains.com/ to add name servers?
    If so, what is the password for this? Do I need to register again to do this?
    I've tried using the passwords in my welcome emails and none of them work.

Not sure what I'm missing.
    From reading the forum, I'm guessing I'll receive a link to follow to read.

Could someone for simplicity just list the steps?

1. Create new add on domain (done)
    2. Publish new domain (done) Not showing as published yet!
    3. What next?
    4. What next?

Hope someone can help!
    Thanks
    John

Re: Add on domains

please submit a support ticket and we will do it for you, click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for that!
      I will submit a support ticket but I would also like to know HOW to do it by myself so that I don't need to submit a support ticket in future.

Is there somewhere I can see a step by step process.
      I couldn't seem to work out how I couldn't login on vodahost domains page.

Thanks
      John

Comment

To add to the above.

This is what I read :

VodaHost's Name Servers

In order for your domain name to work on our servers you must change
        your name servers
        to match the name servers provided in your welcome
        letter.

This also applies if you bought your domain name From VodaHost Domains.
        You still must configure it.

This is where I got lost. Watched the tutorial which says the first step is to login to my account. Couldn't login with either usernames in my welcome email.

I thought publishing an add on domain as directed was enough.
        I must change name server? Configure it?

Bit confused.

Thanks
        John

Comment

Your account is different than your control panel ....

You usually log into your account in the very top right hand corner of your welcome email, and is usually with your email address and then the password that works everywhere else ....

You go in there and click on your domains, (this after you added your add on domain in the control panel, via add on domains icon) and you ensure that the two server names are in your account when clicked on, if not add them there, remove anything else that is there ...

Then to publish to this you need to add this domain name after the public_html that you see when you go to publish now from your main (existing domain) you add this /newdomainname and you must switch back and forth each time you publish from one site to the other ...

Hope this helps...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Lady

The account top right in my email takes me to Vodahost Billing.
            Having added an add on domain, the info still shows only 1 domain, the one I signed up with.

When I said I couldn't log in, I was referring to the area where the tutorial led me which is here : http://www.vodahostdomains.com/

The questions in the previous posts are what I need answered.

Thanks jsut the same!
            John

Comment

Originally posted by locad
              Thanks Lady

The account top right in my email takes me to Vodahost Billing.
              Having added an add on domain, the info still shows only 1 domain, the one I signed up with.

When I said I couldn't log in, I was referring to the area where the tutorial led me which is here : http://www.vodahostdomains.com/

The questions in the previous posts are what I need answered.

Thanks jsut the same!
              John
              If so, what is the password for this?
              I believe I answered your questions, yes that does take you to voda billing but you will find your domain names in there where you must point them to the servers, I also answered how you log in there ...

This is how you configure it .... in through your account or billing as you may call it ....

Once inside, click my sites, then click on your domain, then click on change name servers ....

What is it I am not answering ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

To recap : I have an add on domain. Shows in control panel.
                Have been into "my account" through welcome email. This DOES NOT show add on domains.
                Have tried to login to http://www.vodahostdomains.com/ . Won't accept login email or password found in my welcome email.

I notice as I read the forum that those giving advice try to keep it short and sweet when replying. Understandable.
                However the problem with that is it can often mean further posts with further answers.

For example the expressions "point" to the servers and i have to "configure it" don't mean too much to me.
                All I wanted was a page that would let me do what I need to do. I have yet to find a page that shows my add on domain and that lets me "point" or " configure".

To comment on your post Lady :

If so, what is the password for this?
                I believe I answered your questions, yes that does take you to voda billing but you will find your domain names in there where you must point them to the servers, I also answered how you log in there ...

I already knew how to login there. It doesn't show add on domains.

This is how you configure it .... in through your account or billing as you may call it ....

Once inside, click my sites, then click on your domain, then click on change name servers ....

Had already done that. Only my main domain shows. No link to "change name servers"

What is it I am not answering ...

1. Why couldn't I login to http://www.vodahostdomains.com/

2. I thought publishing an add on domain as directed was enough.
                I must change name server? Configure it?

Like many other bluevoda users, i'm using the provision of the forum as part of the service and do so as a new, non-technical user
                Any advice from anyone appreciated!
                John

Comment

Working...
                X