• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • worldtrader
    Private First Class

• Dec 2006

Webhosting & Domain Transfers

Problem : I dont understand the implications between transferring my domain vs updating / changing the DNS Server Name with my existing webhost companies. Client ID #12030

1.) I have a paid hosting Plan with Ipower through whom I registered 2 domains worldtradergroup.com & worldtradermall.com.

If I update my DNS Servers within Ipower Panel to vodahost.com what happens to my hosting account with Ipower ?

1b.) Am I billed by them for hosting as well ?

1c.) If I am no longer hosting with them because my DNS is pointing to Vodahost.com with whom do I have to renew my domains ? Ipower or Vodahost ?

2.) I have a webhost service with RealXchange in SA for another domain Aqua-Elite.com. I am transferring this domain in total to Vodahost but the domain Admin email address is registered to ipower and this is taking time to resolve.(I have requested the change in info)

2a.) Can I create a main directory in Vodahost for aqua-elite and subdirec tories for my worldtrader sites and start publishing to the subdirectories before the aqua-elite.com transfer has taken place ?

2c.) Would my domain renewal for aqua-elite be billed by vodahost in future?

2d.) I am redoing Aqua Elite as an e-commerce site do I have to use SOHO for this ?

2e.) If I want to turn the worldtrader*.com sites into e-commerce units how does this affect my voda billing & soho for my aqua-elite site ?

3.) My worldtradermall.com domain has privacy enabled - how do I get it or have the domain changed to Vodo servers?

4.) Contents of Worldtradergroup was changed by Sebastian Foss to an affiliate web content ( I am not happy about this) how do I get my web control back ? DNS sys the web is at Ipower yet when I view my pages under Ipower CP panel I see a very diffrent website.

I have sent numerous support tickets to ipower with these problems but they cannot / will not / dont know the answer . This is 1 of the major reasons I am changing . Professional Support.

Thanks in advance - Michael J - Worldtrader
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: Webhosting & Domain Transfers

If you POINT your dns to vodahost, you are still tied to your original host.
    (2 diferent accounts)

If you TRANSFER your domain name to vodahost then you could cancel your previous account.
    (1 account with vodahost) and vh will then renew your domain names in the future.

When you have POINTED any domain name (DNS) to vh then, normally, after propogation, you can publish to your website on the vh servers. You then have time to complete the transfer of your domain names.

If YOU own the domain name, then No company has the right to stop you pointing or transfering your domain name..............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Webhosting & Domain Transfers

Originally posted by worldtrader
      Problem : I dont understand the implications between transferring my domain vs updating / changing the DNS Server Name with my existing webhost companies. Client ID #12030

1.) I have a paid hosting Plan with Ipower through whom I registered 2 domains worldtradergroup.com & worldtradermall.com.

If I update my DNS Servers within Ipower Panel to vodahost.com what happens to my hosting account with Ipower ? That's up to you.

1b.) Am I billed by them for hosting as well ? If you don't cancel the account, you will be.

1c.) If I am no longer hosting with them because my DNS is pointing to Vodahost.com with whom do I have to renew my domains ? Ipower or Vodahost ? If they continue to "hold" the domains, you will have to renew with them. You can move the domains to VH or to another company to hold them if you prefer.

2.) I have a webhost service with RealXchange in SA for another domain Aqua-Elite.com. I am transferring this domain in total to Vodahost but the domain Admin email address is registered to ipower and this is taking time to resolve.(I have requested the change in info)

2a.) Can I create a main directory in Vodahost for aqua-elite and subdirec tories for my worldtrader sites and start publishing to the subdirectories before the aqua-elite.com transfer has taken place ? Not sure here - but you could publish a subdomain without publishing the main, so I believe you can do as you are requesting.

2c.) Would my domain renewal for aqua-elite be billed by vodahost in future? Yes if done as stated above.

2d.) I am redoing Aqua Elite as an e-commerce site do I have to use SOHO for this ? Soho is one of many options you have for an e-commerce site. You need to look and find the one that meets your needs best.

2e.) If I want to turn the worldtrader*.com sites into e-commerce units how does this affect my voda billing & soho for my aqua-elite site? None that I see except that you can only have one instance of Soho per account so you either would need to use different options for the other e-commerce sites or have multiple accounts.

3.) My worldtradermall.com domain has privacy enabled - how do I get it or have the domain changed to Vodo servers? Privacy needs to be disabled to make the move.

4.) Contents of Worldtradergroup was changed by Sebastian Foss to an affiliate web content ( I am not happy about this) how do I get my web control back ? DNS sys the web is at Ipower yet when I view my pages under Ipower CP panel I see a very diffrent website. This is between you and Sebastian Foss and any agreement you have together.

I have sent numerous support tickets to ipower with these problems but they cannot / will not / dont know the answer . This is 1 of the major reasons I am changing . Professional Support. Good Luck.

Thanks in advance - Michael J - Worldtrader
      Welcome to the VH family.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X