Subdomain question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subdomain question

Hi, I wanting to add a subdomain. Well I guess I did add a sub domain. I can see the folder on your server and everything, and when I type in the address. http://www.subname.luvcomputers.com it shows the files cgi bin etc . What I want to do is host a completely different site on this subdomain . When I publish a new index page of course this get's published in my main domain, and I've tried to cut and paste it into this new domain folder, but right clicking in blueftp on the server side doesn't seem to work that way. Wondering how I do this. All help is appreciated, thankyou!

Davin Ogden

Re: Subdomain question

You should not be using the Blue FTP tool for anything but transferring non-BV files (.txt, .php, etc.). You need only publish your "new site" in the same trusted manner within Blue Voda, only adding minor changes....

In the Publish dialog box in BV, you will publish your new site to the same server ID, use the same User ID, and the same Password, and merely need to add the following to the directory info:
    public_html/newsitename

Remember to type in lower case only, and with the exact same name the sub was created with.

and on you go!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Alright buddy, you the man! That worked right away. Thanx

Davin

Comment

You're welcome, as always!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili, Pls help. I followed the instructions you gave. It works but when I key in my subdomain address I get "Index Of......." instead of the index page appearing. I have to click on index.html before I can see the cover page. What should I do?

Comment

I need help.....badly! I can't publish my website and I just got this file & bluevoda yesterday.

Comment

erwrssd and tigerclan: The best way to get answers to your questions is to first review the tutorials and follow the instructions to the letter. If that doesn't do it for you, then do a search (top menu above) for what you are needing help with. That will bring up a whole list of threads that you most likely will find your answer to. If not, then you need to create your own thread in the proper forum. If you follow these procedures, you will not get lost in someone elses thread. I supply this info, just for your benefit.
              erwrssd: It would help us take a look at your issues, if you would post your url so we can have a look.
              tigerclan: I assume you have a vodahost account? If not, then you can't publish. If you do, did you review the tutorials yet? Please only post to one thread the help that you need, not 3.
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
              X