• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark0494
    Private

• Feb 2007

Can i get an .ie domain

I havnt got a domain name yet but when i go to choose, they only give the option of a .com,.net etc domain name.
    Is it possible to get a .ie domain (e.g. www.mysite.ie)
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Can i get an .ie domain

No, these are national extensions, not available outside your country. You can register the domain name with a registrar in your country, and then point the name servers to your VodaHost account
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• mark0494
      Private

• Feb 2007

Does that mean i have to pay twice.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You will need to purchase the domain name within your country, so the free domain naqme that VH registers for free (only for the first year) is useless to you. Under this point of view, yes, you will need to pay a small amount more than the standard $95 VH package. I beleive this cost, for registering a domain name within your country limits, could be $20 aprox.

From the second year on, it makes no difference, you would pay for the domain name anyway, to VH (if you purchased it from VH) OR to your national registrar
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• AWS
          First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by mark0494
          Does that mean i have to pay twice.
          Hi Mark,

I can purchase you a dot ie address on your behalf and broker you the best price for every year onwards (best price currently stands at 35 euro inc. vat) and also purchase your vodahost account for free if you wish to have me design build your website plus have all the extras for free. I can also arrange for your new domain name to be pointed to the vodahost name servers etc. and have all your cost compressed to one invoice from myself of which you have several options of paying etc.

Check out my website at www.affordableweb.biz for full details on unbeatable prices and services with no hidden charges.

You will need to qualify in order to purchase a .ie domain name which means if you are in business to produce a vat number or for personal websites you will have to prove residency.I can explain further if you wish to contact me and fill out the online enquiry form within website.

Comment

• AWS
            First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by navaldesign
            You will need to purchase the domain name within your county, so the free domain naqme that VH registers for free (only for the first year) is useless to you. Under this point of view, yes, you will need to pay a small amount more than the standard $95 VH package. I beleive this cost, for registering a domain name within your country limits, could be $20 aprox.

From the second year on, it makes no difference, you would pay for the domain name anyway, to VH (if you purchased it from VH) OR to your national registrar
            Hi Naval Design,

The average price for a .ie domain is 70 euro approx. and has been known to go upwards to 120 and 150 euro.

The best price available at the moment is from letshost.ie who are currently charging 35 euro with the next best price from digiweb.ie who have a limited deal for 36 euro inc. vat.

.ie domains are not givin on a first come basis as is .com,.biz,.info,.org, but you must show eligibility to own one and can be both time consuming and expensive.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by bevilleliam
              .ie domains are not givin on a first come basis as is .com,.biz,.info,.org, but you must show eligibility to own one and can be both time consuming and expensive.
              Hi Liam,

hmmmm. It can be as you say, i have no experience. But, unlless the .ie means something important, why should one go through these procedures, and pay so much more ? It has been so in Italy also, and has been changed by force of facts.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• AWS
                First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

hi George,

Pity we cant force a change here also as they are more trouble than they are worth and the .ie just means an Irish domain.

I have purchased several .ie domains on behalf of several clients and the fuss that is created to the iedr, who governs the allocation of these domains, is enormous and time consuming and I fail to see the benifits. Several of the clients had to register their business and then produce the registration number to the iedr which took several weeks and then took another week to configure the servers to the hosting account due to no one at home at weekends.

We are a total rip off nation and the website business underlines this as an average website would cost you 2,500 euro here with only 20 usd a page in the usa amounting to about 150 to 200 usd.

Comment

Working...
                X