• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camacu
    Private First Class

• Feb 2007

DNS Registration

I hate to make something that should be so simple my first question, but when I log in to configure DNS settings, it says there are no domain names registered to my account. I have the information from my Welcome letter for the new settings, and I've watched the tutorial, (repeatedly), but still no way to actually access the information I need to change. My domain name is mymub.info. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: DNS Registration

If this is the main domain name that you got with your account, you dont need to do anything. In fact, it is already on ns23.vodahost.com and ns24.vodahost.com

You would only need to point your nameservers if this was an addon domain, separately purchased.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• camacu
      Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Thanks very much. I thought that might have been the case with new domains, but just wanted to make sure.. As to the other part of the question, my account still shows no domain names listed in my account. Is this something I need to add? Thanks again, there is sure a lot of information to pour through.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Your domain details appear in your VBS VodaHost Billing Services account.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• camacu
          Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Thank you.

Comment

• SherylT
            Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

I also have a quick question. If I currently have a domain hosted elsewhere (GoDaddy), can I still do an add-on to my account for this domain, publish using BV to make sure my redesigned site is correct before I change nameserver location?

I wouldn't do the "index" page because I want my customers to go to my current site until new one is up and correct. I'm hoping I could publish a few interior pages to see if I'm building them correct.

Didn't know if there would be a conflict of any kind to do this.
            Sheryl Tupa
            Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
            Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
            New Baby Cartoons
            Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
            Cloud Nine Photo Magic
            Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Create a folder inside your public_html, named "second_domain" where second domain is the actual name of your GoDAddy domain. Publish your pages there. This way you can test them. Then, once done, point your second domain from GD to your VH account, and add it as addon domain.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• SherylT
                Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Thank you "Naval". I'm not familiar with the Control Panel yet, so I don't really know how to do this. I'm sure there must be a tutorial about it in this wonderful forum.
                Sheryl Tupa
                New Baby Cartoons
                Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

• Ely
                  Private

• Mar 2007

I want to register my domain with vodahost what i need to do?? the firt year is free??

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by SherylT
                    Thank you "Naval". I'm not familiar with the Control Panel yet, so I don't really know how to do this. I'm sure there must be a tutorial about it in this wonderful forum.
                    Adding an additional domain name to your account (add-on domains)

Click on the icon for the addon domains tutorial.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ely
                      I want to register my domain with vodahost what i need to do?? the firt year is free??
                      Please visit http://www.vodahost.com/

Purchasing an account entitles you to a free domain name registration (for the first year).
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• SherylT
                        Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

I did the add-on domain for cust-m-cartoons.com, but don't understand how I publish to that account rather than my "main" VH domain which is custmcartoons.com. This whole multiple domains under one account is a little confusing. You're saying that I publish to the add-on, then when site is complete change the nameservers at GoDaddy and I will be able to maintain www.cust-m-cartoons.com as what my customers see?
                        Sheryl Tupa
                        New Baby Cartoons
                        Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

When you added the new domain (cust-m-cartoons) as addon, CP has created a new folder inside your public_html folder, named "cust-m-cartoons" (or something like that, i'm not sure how CP behaves with - symbols). So, when you publish, you need to type in the field "Folder" of the Publish dialog box, this: "public_html/cust-m-cartoons" or whatever CP has named the folder.

This folder is, for the new domain, what public_html is for the main domain.

Make sure to create on your computer, a folder, inside your BlueVoda folder, named also "cust-m-cartoons", and save all the pages that you will create for the new domain, inside it, so you will not have conflicts and problems with your main site pages.

Yes, since this is an existing site, by simply pointing the nameservers from GD to your VH account (where you have already addd your domain name as addon) will result in it being automatically visible.

However, it will be a little hard to test the links between your pages, because links need the absolute URL (http://www.custom-m-cartoons.com/pagename.html) which for now is not working because the domain is pointed at GoDaddy.

You could still test your links, if you made the links relative (in the URL field, in the Link dialog box, type only, i.e. "aboutus.html" instead of http://www.custom-m-cartoons.com/aboutus.html .

This will make it so that your links will still work even before you point your domain to VH.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

• SherylT
                            Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Thanks so much. I think I get it now!
                            Sheryl Tupa
                            New Baby Cartoons
                            Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Working...
                            X