X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Transfer Question

Hello everybody,

I have just joined VodaHost yesterday.
    I already build my website using BlueVoda. My problem is this: I bought a domain name and now I want to transfer it to VodaHost. In my terms and conditions I read that I am entitled to one (1) FREE domain transfer. I phoned the company where I bought the domain name from and they said that they will have to charge me for this transfer. Will I be refunded by VodaHost, is this fee correct?

Thank you

Re: Domain Transfer Question

VodaHost will transfer your domain name to VodaHost for free, this means we will not charge for the transfer on our end. If your current company is trying to squeeze a few bucks out of you for the transfer....This is not a VodaHost issue, we do not charge our customers transferring out, we never have and we never will. Charging for outward transfers is a highly unethical practice.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly.

Comment

Always at your service

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi all
          I am building a site for a friend, she already has a domain name .co.za. But the site was never published, only built. I understand that we cant transfer that name to Vodahost, and have to go to the server and point it to Vodahost. But if there is no server, only a registered name??
          Next step please?
          Thanks
          Kes

Comment

After you create your VodaHost account, you will recieve a welcome letter with your vodahost name servers, you will take this information to the company that you purchased your .co.za domain name from and they will update the name servers on your domain name. Do not worry, the whole proccess takes less than 5 seconds for them to do.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok. Now I have the same question for myself, I have registered a new domain name sunbirdsgrafics.co.za But there is no domain name server. Only the registered name. Now what?. The company I registered the name with informed me they can set it up for me (DNS) but I would need to pay them again. Why is it not possible for this to be done through VodaHost.
              Thanks
              K
              Kes

Comment

We do not handle .co.za South African domain names, tell the company
                that you bought it from to change your name servers to...

ns17.vodahost.com
                ns18.vodahost.com

This will point your domain name to server Voda10 and it will function on on server Voda10.

It takes 3 seconds to do this, if they are a professional operation, they should
                offer you some type of online control panel where you can do this on your own.

If they don't have a control panel and they are being petty by trying to charge you for the
                DNS change, this is beyond our control, we do not charge our customers for this service.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi. Ok I finally got that sorted. I had added my new domain name to the add on domain section in my cpanel, then loaded a trial home page for the new site. However when I type in the new domain name www.sunbirdsgrafics.co.za I get taken back to the companys page that I purchased the name from. There it reflects as a "parked domain", what Have I not done? Please advise
                  Kes
                  Kes

Comment

Originally posted by kesenator@gmail.com
                    Hi. Ok I finally got that sorted. I had added my new domain name to the add on domain section in my cpanel, then loaded a trial home page for the new site. However when I type in the new domain name www.sunbirdsgrafics.co.za I get taken back to the companys page that I purchased the name from. There it reflects as a "parked domain", what Have I not done? Please advise
                    Kes
                    Hi there:

Where you purchased the domain name from, you need to either sign into your account there or have them do it, but you need to point your domain name to "Voda Servers" - iin your welcome email you will notice two server names looking list this (ns??.vodahost.com) - those are your two servers and you will need to do this and then all should work ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: School Domain Transfer Question

hi all, i am new to vodahost, and in need of help.

I have to build a website for a school. The school has already registered there domain name which is www.coldfall.haringey.sch.uk with a company called NOMINET uk. however the site is hosted through RM (research machines)

my first question is whether it is possible to transfer to vodahost.
                      and secondly when i do a WHOIS i get the follwing reply!

Error for "www.coldfall.haringey.sch.uk".

This domain cannot be registered because it contravenes the Nominet UK
                      naming rules. The reason is:
                      invalid format for a .sch.uk domain name.

WHOIS lookup made at 23:39:38 03-Jul-2007

--
                      This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
                      for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2007.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
                      by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois, which
                      includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
                      repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
                      or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
                      limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
                      register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

can someone please guide me and tell me what i have to do to transfer and hopefully host it with vodahost. thank you

Comment

Please click the below to submit a support ticket to our domains department for complete assistance.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X