Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubDomain directories

Hi all!
    I have a problem with the subdomain directories. I like to have a clean server, with all the folders in these places, but my problem is that just now my main directory is full of messy for the next reason: I have buy some domains target to my vodahost, so now my main directory is with all the folder and files of my main domain and also with the folders for my addon domains. Ok for my this is not the real problem, but i would prefer to put all my new domains folders in a common folder name "webs" but anyway, my big problem is when i create a subdomain for some of this new domains that i have bought it, because the folder that cpanel create are not inside of the folder of that domain, it appears in the main directory of my main domain! So now when in see my main folder of my server i have:
    -All the folders and files from my main domain
    -Some folders for the subdomains of that domain
    -A couple of folders for my new domains
    -And also all the subdomains folders for these new domains

So as you can imagine that is a caos! I like to have all the things in their place, but now i find that in the main folder i have a completly web site (the main domain) and some folders with the new domains but the subdomains of these new domains are not inside of these folders, are in the same path than the main website
    My question is, it is possible to say to cpanel where i can create the folder how has the information of the subdomains created? Because you can redirect your subdomain to some url, but the folder with cgi-bin continues in the main directory. And if is not possible does anybody who has in the same situation know how can i put some order in all that messy?

Re: SubDomain directories

Hi Ogeid... That's how it goes on the server... Each domain and addon domain has it's own folder filled with it's files and images... To clean up my mess sometimes I will delete a folder and everything inside... Then create a new folder with the same name.. and republish all the pages... I hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Sorry man but i think that i havenīt understood you (probably for my english... :)
      I want to have something like that:
      one folder for each addon domain (as cpanel creates when i addon a new domain but i would prefer specify the directory but anyway, doesnīt matter...) and the most important, when i create a subdomain for it, the folder that cpanel create i want to place it inside of the folder of the addon domain, not inside of public_html. Ok, then i can go to cpanel and say "Setup redirection" and change it, but the folder created inside of public_html with a cgi-bin folder inside continues in public_html . Better now? I hope
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ogeid
        Sorry man but i think that i havenīt understood you (probably for my english... :)
        I want to have something like that:
        one folder for each addon domain (as cpanel creates when i addon a new domain but i would prefer specify the directory but anyway, doesnīt matter...) and the most important, when i create a subdomain for it, the folder that cpanel create i want to place it inside of the folder of the addon domain, not inside of public_html. Ok, then i can go to cpanel and say "Setup redirection" and change it, but the folder created inside of public_html with a cgi-bin folder inside continues in public_html . Better now? I hope
        Thanks
        Hi Ogeid

If you want to place the folder that cpanel creates inside of the folder of the add on domain, simply change that direction in the drop down menu when you are adding the subdomain ... the public_html directory is the folder for your main domain, all other folders are either your add on domains or subdomains, so you can put a subdomain in one of your add on domains, just by choosing that domain name instead in the drop down menu ... keeping in mind, the subdomain will then be part of the add on domains' url ...

Is that what you mean??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye!
          When i go to Subdomain in my cpanel and i try to create a new one, i write the name and then, i have to choose a domain of my addon domains or my main domain, then, the folder is created in the public_html directory :(
          I put some photos of my cpanel with my main domain (somosleon.com) and 3 addon domains of example (cars.com, music.com and tv.com) and these subdomains salsa.music.com; mp3.music.com; contact.tv.com and stereo.cars.com:

As you can see, there are subdomains of the main domain (somosleon.com) and also of my addon domains (cars.com, music.com and tv.com) and all of them are created in public_html/cars; public_html/music; public_html/tv; public_html/contact... domains and subdomains are created in public_html. Even using the "Setup Redirection" option (in salsa.music.com) the folder continues in public_html

So that i want is put all the folders of the subdomains inside of his own domain folder. That is:
          contact.tv.com (public_html/tv/contact) instead of contact.tv.com (public_html/contact)
          Is that possible LadyEye? Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X