Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain transfer assistance

Hi there,

First of all I have to appologise for my grammar, I am a romanian leaving in Scotland.

Just like many other people, I am trying to build a website with not too much experience. I love the BlueVoda builder. It was so easy to build my first 2 pages. I am a VodaHost customer aswel now, but because I bought my domain name from a different company, now I am dealing with some technical problems.

The company said the they will unlock my domain name and transfer it to VodaHost in 24 hours, which already past! I thought that after that 24 hours has past, I will be able to publish my website, but... it seems it is not that easy!

I used all the information provided by VodaHost to publish my page, I got a message saying: successfully published! but when I tried to see my website live, it is not there!
    I realised that the problem may be in the fact that my domain name is not 60 days old, as I read on the terms and conditions.

My questions is: what will happen now with me domain name? I don't want to loose it because I paid a lot of money for it and also paid for the transfer. Also, is there a problem that I already published my first page having all this problems with the domain name?

Sorry if it's such a long message is just that I wanted to give as many information as possible so that someone can understand my situation. My domain name is foxentertainment.net.

Re: Trying to publish but not working

1)...You will not lose your domain name.
    2)...You may simply Point your domain name to the vodahost servers
    without waiting for it to be transferred.
    3)...Its normal with a newly registered domain name to wait 60 days before it can be transfered.
    4)...once your domain has been pointed to voda servers, you have to wait a few more hours before the new address has perculated throuout the web...
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: domain transfer assistance

Your website will not be live and you will not be able to see anything at all until you (a) transfer your domain to VodaHost.....Or (b) update yourname servers DNS and point your domain name to VodaHost, currently your domain name is not functional on our servers.....If your previous company is messing you about, I am afraid we can not assist. We can not be held responsible for non VodaHost related issues.

Click the below for your domain details...

http://whois.domaintools.com/foxentertainment.net

Ask them to update the name server and point the domain name to VodaHost. Full details are in your welcome letter. Upadting your name server will make your domain name functional on our servers withing a few hours, this will allow you plenty of time to deal with the other issues.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X