Cost to transfer domain to VH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to transfer domain to VH

Hi, I am considering adding more domains to my VH account (username: vtrsgwu), and I've already used the one free domain setup/transfer you offer. I see that it's $19.95/year to register and maintain a domain with VHDomains. Just curious: other than the convenience of seeing and managing all my domains in one place, is there any advantage to registering thru VHDomains rather than another registrar? For example, would a VH site tend to have better page-load times if its domain were registered thru VHDomains?

Re: Cost to transfer domain to VH

Jim, makes no difference where your domains are registered/stored, as long as they are pointed to Vodahost, you should be ok...........
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks, David. Last question (I think) on this:

If I register "newdomain.com" somewhere other than VHDomains, and I want to be able to have e-mail accounts ending in "@newdomain.com" which I control thru my VH control panel, do I have to transfer "newdomain.com" to VHDomains first? Or does simply pointing the domain to my VH server ensure that I will be able to control the "@newdomain.com" e-mail accounts thru the VH control panel?

I'm also not sure whether I'm 100% clear on the difference between "transfering a domain" to VHDomains and "adding a domain" to my VH account. Could you clarify that also? Thanks!

Comment

First you point your domain name to the vodahost servers...
        second you use the addon domain in your Cpanel to add it to your account.

This in effect means that you can then open up an email account as mentioned above.

When you transfer a domain name to vodahost, they in effect control it/look after it, on your behalf.......
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Great, thanks David. So then I do NOT have to transfer "newdomain.com" over to VHDomains in order to create an e-mail account such as "jim@newdomain.com"? That is what I had hoped.

Comment

Working...
          X