• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom vR
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Making DNS changes

When I open the tutorial "Making DNS changes VodaHost Domains" it starts on a web page that I cannot find on VodaHost. Could you please help? Or am I blind? I need to make changes urgently since my VodaHost Welcome Note does not include domain extension .co.za for a domain transfer.

Best regards

Domain: frequentproperties.co.za
    Bless you
    Tom

• VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Making DNS changes VodaHost Domains

You can not make dns changes to a .co.za domain name at VodaHost Domains, you did not purchase it through us and we are not managing it, please contact the company you purchased it from.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Tom vR
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Thanks General,

I must have misunderstood the web instructions. Ye, the company's Internet department is closed now, only open in office hours and it is almost midnight here. Thanks, I will have to wait for Tuesday.

I'm really impressed with the service VH is offereing and the quick responses and assistance/support.

I saw your picture a couple of times today. What's your name General?

Regards
      Private Tom vR
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

• dougnez
        Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi... DNS is simple ... but a little tricky... because you have to make sure that the server is the VodaHost server you have been assigned nad if you make it an addon domain then the server will automatically create a folder for that paticular site... in the long run though you may consider moving the site into Voda Host for easier administration... Have fun... Doug

Comment

• Tom vR
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Thank you Doug,

Yes, I was planning in transfering my Domain name to Voda, but I've red somewhere on Voda that the domain must be at least 60 days old. Mine is almost there, then I will transfer it.

I'm quite new in this web design business, starting rock bottom. I will surely ask many more questions.

Regards
          Tom
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

• howardt
            Private

• Apr 2007

Re: Making DNS changes

My domain name is registered with Kiwi Web Hosting in my country. I want to keep using that ISP for my email and have them point all web traffic to my site hosted on Voda. Kiwi Web Hosting is asking for an IP address to point 'A' traffic to. Their Question was:
            "Thanks for your reply, however the information you have supplied are Name server details. If we update the name servers to the ns1.vodahost.com details your email with us will stop working. It may be possible to set your "A" to point to the ip 75.126.125.224 but you will need to confirm this with your other host."
            So What address should I be giving K.W.H?
            Help
            Howard

Comment

• dougnez
              Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi.. Tom... May not take that long ... why not try.. by changing servers and doing addon at Vh... May work.. if not change it back...Howart.. Not familiar with your present host .. but maybe you can redirect traffic from your old site by linking and still keep your email... hope that helps... Doug

Comment

• VodaHost
                General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Attention All.

If you are haviing DNS issues, please click the below to contact our domains department for some one on one care.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X