• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billycat
    Sergeant

• Oct 2006

I did something wrong

Let me try to explain this one. I have a school webstite - www.mrspalmisano.com. I bought a new domain name - www.thepalmisanofamily.com as a family website for my family, etc... I added it my c-panel as an add on, and published the pages. However, it is NOT coming up under thepalmisanofamily, it only comes up as www.mrspalmisano.com/thepalmisanofamily.com. Where did I mess it up? I only figured out where it went by going into FTP manager and clicking on the add-on, so I must have added it wrong. What do I do?
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: I did something wrong

Hey, BillyCat!

Okay, we hve a check list to work through here. Bear with me, if some of it seems a little d'uh, okay? Lol

Did you point your name servers correctly after buying your new domain name?

Are you certain that you fixed it as an 'add-on domain' rather than adding a sub-domain?

Did you publish to public_html/thepalmisanofamily.com?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• billycat
      Sergeant

• Oct 2006

The only thing I know I did do, is publish it correctly. How do I go back and check out your other two questions? Please, no duh, here. I am feeling pretty clueless about this. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Girlonthehill
        General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by billycat
        The only thing I know I did do, is publish it correctly. How do I go back and check out your other two questions? Please, no duh, here. I am feeling pretty clueless about this. Thanks for your help.
        Click here to see the tutorials on pointing your DNS correctly. If you find this difficult I believe you can submit a support ticket and request that VodaHost do this for you.

a) Click here to see how to create an add-on domain.

b) Click here to see how a sub-domain is created.

You can check, using your Control Panel, whether you have created an add-on domain or a sub domain - just use the appropriate links off the main page and it should list it if you have. I don't have access to my Control Panel just now so can't be more specific - sorry.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• dougnez
          Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi... Maybe you need to publish it to public_html/thepalmisanofamily... so make sure you have it going into the right addon folder on the server...you can go into the server and take a look around to find it through file manager then public_html....via the C-Panel... probably something really simple ... Doug

Comment

• billycat
            Sergeant

• Oct 2006

Well, I tried to delete it as an add-on and then do it again, just in case I made a mistake. The 2nd time it wouldn't let me because it said it already existed as a sub-domain. At no time, however did I add it as a sub-domain, though.

Shouldn't I be publishing it to public_html/thepalmisanofamily? That is where I am publishing it to. Is that wrong?

In the meantime, I submitted a support ticket, but if it is a simple publishing problem, I would love to be able to fix it.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• dougnez
              Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi... Seems like it should work as you have described..I suggest that you go to C-Panel and watch some of the tutorials about addon domains...If the addon is done correctly... a folder is created automatically in the the publiuc_html for..thepalmissanofamily. It should appear on the web as thepalmisanofamily.com... or... net.. or .. etc. if it's in the right folder.. Doug

Comment

• billycat
                Sergeant

• Oct 2006

Apparently, I did not update my name servers correctly. I still don't know where I missed, I followed all the directions and the tutorials, at least I thought I did. I submitted a support ticket and they claim to have taken care of the problem for me. It should take about 24 hours and I will be up and running. Thank you for all your help, though!

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                  General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by billycat
                  Apparently, I did not update my name servers correctly. I still don't know where I missed, I followed all the directions and the tutorials, at least I thought I did. I submitted a support ticket and they claim to have taken care of the problem for me. It should take about 24 hours and I will be up and running. Thank you for all your help, though!
                  That's good news. I'm glad they got you sorted.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• billycat
                    Sergeant

• Oct 2006

It seems that way, but the help on this forum is great. Thank you so much again.

Comment

Working...
                    X