• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Debi
    Captain

• Dec 2006

Opening a new account

Good Morning!
    I know this has been asked before, but I want to be certain I understand before I begin and make mistakes :)
    I am going to create a new website that has nothing to do with the first one. I am thinking it best to make it completely seperate, rather than as an add on, as I do not want to somehow confuse the two in FTP, etc.
    I know I will have to order a new domain name. Can these be on the same hosting account, or do I need two hosting accounts? And where do I go to get started in adding this to the Voda Hosting account? Start at Domain names and will it take me thru the process?
    Sorry for the dumb questions :) and thanks in advance!
    Debi
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

• LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Opening a new account

Originally posted by Debi
    Good Morning!
    I know this has been asked before, but I want to be certain I understand before I begin and make mistakes :)
    I am going to create a new website that has nothing to do with the first one. I am thinking it best to make it completely seperate, rather than as an add on, as I do not want to somehow confuse the two in FTP, etc.
    I know I will have to order a new domain name. Can these be on the same hosting account, or do I need two hosting accounts? And where do I go to get started in adding this to the Voda Hosting account? Start at Domain names and will it take me thru the process?
    Sorry for the dumb questions :) and thanks in advance!
    Debi

Hi Debi:

With a voda hosting account you can have as many domains as you like.
    Each domain is separate from the other. A new domain needs to be purchased and added to your webhosting account via the "Add-On" Domain feature.

You can purchase your new domain through voda host, see above, products & prices ...

Once added to your voda hosting account, you add it on as an add on domain, there are tutorials for that ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Debi
      Captain

• Dec 2006

Thank you! I was concerned that add on meant to the same site.... OK, I'll get started and see where it goes!!!
      Debi
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• aconstas1
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

I'm sure you will figure it out. Good luck and have fun with the new site.
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

• ace5548
          Major

• Aug 2006

Hi Debi,

These are some of the concerns I had when I got another domain name and pointed one of my domain names here. It's really easy to do and you can keep track of things easily.
          Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Working...
          X