alittle confused about new domains.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alittle confused about new domains.

OK, i understand that with my voda host account i can have as many domain add ons as i want. Here is the thing. I built a site for my friend www.creativeeventsdesign.com and now a friend of hers wants a website for creative writing and has asked me if i would build it for her. I said i would love to. but when she registeres her domain name, can i host it on my first account in a way that it would be just www.herdomain.com or would it be www.creativeeventsdesign.com/herdomain ..I am sure she is gonna want her own dedicated addy. can this be done or does a whole new account need to be purchased?

Re: alittle confused about new domains.

hi master sergeant,
    no confusing,
    you can buy www.herdomain.com
    and totally cover up www.creativeeventsdesign.com/herdomain
    and build folders within www.herdomain.com some more.
    you can buy from voda host they can do it for you, or
    if you like to DIY, so far i use this one more
    economical ($8.95 per year) and more functions.
    and it can cover up the sealed URL addresses called "masking".
    sigpic
    Best Regards,
    Fox

Comment

Re: alittle confused about new domains.

Originally posted by CyberShot View Post
      OK, i understand that with my voda host account i can have as many domain add ons as i want. Here is the thing. I built a site for my friend www.creativeeventsdesign.com and now a friend of hers wants a website for creative writing and has asked me if i would build it for her. I said i would love to. but when she registeres her domain name, can i host it on my first account in a way that it would be just www.herdomain.com or would it be www.creativeeventsdesign.com/herdomain ..I am sure she is gonna want her own dedicated addy. can this be done or does a whole new account need to be purchased?
      It would be best for her to open her own hosting account.
      You could buy another domain name on your account and host it on your account but then it is yours, not hers.
      But before you do any of this I think you should check the terms of Sevice you agreed to with Voda to be sure you are in complience...

I am building a site for a friend, and I had him purchase his own account, to keep it 'clean' and above board, and I believe this is the way to go.I don't believe it is completely possible to 'mask' a domain....but somebody with more knowledge will no doubt answer this conclusively.

good luck
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
      X