DNS Propogation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Propogation

I have my domain name at another location, so I contacted them and had them put in these settings, "ns1.voda16.com, and ns2.voda16.com", and I think that is correct. I published the site correctly I think. I don't know what to do next, any help would be great. my domain name is www.bgmfairguns.com

Thank you,
    Leroy

Re: can't get to my site, don't know what next

Well, I can't help you without further information - you say you THINK the nameservers are correct - are they the ones VodaHost sent you in your welcome letter?

You also say you THINK you published the site correctly - can you give more information - because I checked and the nameservers are as you say - but I cannot get to a site with this domain name, so it appears you haven't published correctly.

Did you publish your home page with it named index? just index?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I absolutely used the dns settings exasctly like they sent me and the other company put them into their "deal" for lack of knowing the correct term. so I think that they did it right.

I also pubblished step by step following the tutorial as my guide so once again I think it is right.

My page is named:

the other pages are:

and every other page just changes the "products" with a new name for the new page.

I show that there are 28 megs uploaded when I am in my control panel.

I am waiting on a ticket reply too, so if you have any ideas in the mean time I will sure try what you have to suggest.

thanks
      Leroy

Comment

My question is, when did you put in for the domain server change? It takes sometimes 24-48 hours to propogate, and then.. if they didnt do it immediately, or havent done it yet...that would explain your domain not showing up.

My suggestion would be to change your domain host to one that you can access and do the changes yourself. Either use Vodahost services, or someone like godaddy. Both of these are way more reliable than being at the mercy of someone else where you dont have any access and likely to be cheaper too as you arent PAYING someone for maintenence.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I put in for the change on the 15th. I use go daddy.

Comment

If you use godaddy, you can login your self and point the servers. Most likely, they didnt do it for you.

Go there, login, clickon domains, then click on the domain itself in the window that appears, and you should be able to figure out how to manage it and point the servers.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Your DNS seem correctly set and propagated. Please submit a support ticket.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

what is that picture called before http in browser window and how do i get or make one for my url????

any help?
                Thanks
                Tim Norden

http://www.twistedpearpromos.com/
                inbox@twistedpearpromos.com/

Comment

I think thats called a FAVICON and if you do a search, im sure you will find threads on the how to's

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X