Addon Domain Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addon Domain Question

Yes, i can put $5.00 into your paypal account if you can give me the correct answer to this question. It is a simple Newbie question...thanks...
    I wanted to start a second website so i choose the add on domain for this purpose. I checked the ftp account and it was successfully created. I then went on to create the second website, finished the first page but when i went to name the page index; it said i already had index.bvp do i want to change it. If i click yes to change it, wouldn't that be changing the first website I built. ( I do not want to do that at all because it is up and running and what is on there is extremely important, and it took me too long to get it up) How do i get a brand new index created for my new add on web page?? Is this question understood correctly? thanks in advance....

Re: $5.00 in your paypal if you can answer my question correctly please..

LOL.. I dont need your $5.00 donation. Make sure when you are ready to publish that you change the path to the folder the ADDON domain is in, then you can publish your index page no problem. Also, you want to save your new index page to a new folder, simply click the folder icon that looks like its lit up and create a new one, then click on it, and add your new index file. I usually name the folders where i save websites according to the domain name, so i can easily find those files when i need them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Save the second domain work in a separate folder and when you publish make sure you specify Folder: public_html/your2nddomain, you will now have separate index pages.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

"Make sure when you are ready to publish that you change the path to the folder the ADDON domain is in, then you can publish your index page no problem."

1. O.K., yes that was in the instructions..at the time of publishing manually type in at the end of public_html/mywebsite---then publish.

"Also, you want to save your new index page to a new folder, simply click the folder icon that looks like its lit up and create a new one, then click on it, and add your new index file."

2. I click on the yellow folder and it gives me----- look in blue voda; images: phpbb2: templates: index.bvp I type in my website name and it says file not found. Then i go to the right and find a small yellow folder and it says create new folder--so i go ahead and make a new folder. That NEW folder is now along side the templates: images: index.bvp. ect... and it had the website name on it. So Then I click on it and then click open, the box with images: index.bvp ect.. goes blank and then I once agian type in my website name in order to give the new folder a name but it still says file not found?
        I just want to add that when i click preview--everything is working just excellent!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006 View Post
          Save the second domain work in a separate folder and when you publish make sure you specify Folder: public_html/your2nddomain
          O.K., perhaps my problem is creating new folders?? I think that is were i need the help because everything else seems to be working fine. See answer in last post

Comment

While you have this new "index" page open, click File, Save AS, then when the window with all the content of BV opens, right click inside it, and select New, then Folder. It will ask for the folder name: type the name you want (it is not important, you can simply type "site 2" or "whatever else you like)

After that, this new folder is created and you save the "index" page (as well as all the others that you will create) in this folder.

When you add a new site, you need to create new folders both on your site and in your computer (so the pages will not get mixed, neither on the site or your computer).
            his folder creation is automatic for the site (the procedure of adding an Addon domain automatically creates the folder) but it has to be done manually on your computer as described above.

Then, make sure to publish, as suggested above, in "public_html/addon_domain_folder" where addon_domain_folder is the ACTUAL name of your addon domain folder.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Addon Domain Question

YES!! YES!!! YES!!! Thanks Karen Mac, Bill2006, and NAVALDESIGN,

Navaldesign...

Is what you just taught me included in the Cpanel or any other tutorials in conjunction with adding an ADD ON DOMAIN, I did not see it. If not, Please include this information along with the addon domain tutorial, If so, please point me to it, i must have missed it. If i remember correctly, the tutorial took you from the Cpanel add on domain to then publishing it while manually typing in your name after public_html/mywebsite....while skipping over the process of saving it into a new folder and how to go about creating that new folder. On the written part of the tutorial page perhaps this should be #2 if this info is somewhere else perhaps also it should be added here, otherwise i would have never known to create a new folder for the new domain or the method of creating that new folder for the new add on domain. Thanks again....$5.00??? ( for just another dollar you can buy another domain at 1&1 but i hear bad stuff about them??? LOL!...thanks again & again....

Comment

Working...
              X