help with Transfer please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with Transfer please

if i do Transfer my domain to vodahost i have payed hosting already. after the transfer can i still use my old server with the domain or will i lose all of my content.
    www.advarntek.co.uk
    www.aforumways.co.uk

Re: help with Transfer please

We cannot help you here on the forum. Please submit a ticket to Customer Support.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

ok will do thanks
      www.advarntek.co.uk
      www.aforumways.co.uk

Comment

If you transfer, the old hoster will (usually) keep your account alive, but the domain will be automatically pointed to your VH account. However, you need to check with them to be sure.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i have check and they say my account wil say open and i wil get refund for hosting as it is ony 10 days old.
          www.advarntek.co.uk
          www.aforumways.co.uk

Comment

If they keep it open, why should they ever refund you ? I mean, to get a refund (if that hoster accepts this) you need to ask your account to be closed. So i believe that it is either one or the other, you can't have (i think) a refund AND a live account.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i have phoned then to find out just what they mean.
              they mant my hosting account will close and i will get a refund on that. but the account that controls my hosting and domain will stay open if say i want to tranfer back to them it is all set up and waiting.
              www.advarntek.co.uk
              www.aforumways.co.uk

Comment

ADBARNTEK: it seems that you have two separate accounts, one for the domain name and DNS management, and one for hosting. It also seems that they provide a refund for closing the hosting account within a limited time period from the date of signing up with them.

However, transfer means that your domain registration (with the accompanying DNS management) passes over to the new company.
                So, if you TRANSFER , they will NO LONGER be responsible for it. It will become responsibility of VH. That's what goes with TRANSFER. If, instead, you keep the Domain name registration with them and you only host with VH, then, actually, they will still be responsible for this and you will continoue to be billed by them. In that sense, you will only POINT (and not transfer) your domain in your VH account.
                Navaldesign

Comment

my server ip is incorrect . how do i correct it

Comment

Select the correct IP address from the Publish window dropdown list.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

ok i have gone with the hosting and tranfered advarntek.co.uk to this new hosting now i just wait for my welcome message know.
                      www.advarntek.co.uk
                      www.aforumways.co.uk

Comment

Hello,
                        Can I be able to point ( not transfer) my domain name to two different hostings with separate providers same time.
                        kamal

Comment

No, you can only point to one set of DNS (one provider) at a time
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                          X