Processing time for changing DNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing time for changing DNS

I have several domains that I'm going to change to voda dns server. I have websites for these that I would like to upload. Is there a processing time between changing the DNS and uploading the website?

Thanks,
    Rhonda

Re: Processing time for changing DNS

Originally posted by Serenityenterprises View Post
    I have several domains that I'm going to change to voda dns server. I have websites for these that I would like to upload. Is there a processing time between changing the DNS and uploading the website?

Thanks,
    Rhonda

hi Rhonda

If you go into your current domain registrar's panel to manager your domains, and point them to voda servers, this happens instantly ... You will be able to publish your newly built websites right away ...

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye, when I did that earlier this year, I could publish my homepage, but I had to wait about 8 hours before I could view my page on IE.

Country/location anything to do with this?
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Are you sure it was just the name servers being pointed? Not transferring your domain? I've done many, and mine have all been instant, perhaps it has to do with the domain registrar themself .. I can't imagine it matters where we live .. I did one yesterday and by the time I closed that and opened my page to publish I was all set, just a matter of minutes ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks LadyEye. Not that it matters now, but I'm very curious about this and to use it as a learning curve to be able to help others.

No, I have a .co.za domain and I could not transfer it as VH is not a .co.za registrar. So I had to have a DNS pointing. Then when I have managed to point my DNS to VH servers, I've received notification that the pointing has been done successfully, but that I had to allow a couple of hours before I will be able to see my new website. Here is an extract from the regitrar's email: "The changed domain should become correct after all Secondary transfers
          - within about 8 hours. However, other machines that have the old
          information previously cached may still retain information longer than
          this. The Update could take as long as 24 hours."
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X