• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ivo barbara
    Corporal

• Mar 2007

DNS Question

does it mean bluevoda or voda host is the server already, it means that i solved my transfer with it,because before it was only with a whois publicity??? my domain www.pitstop19.com
    Last edited by ivo barbara; 08-03-2007, 08:37 AM. Reason: domain
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: when the site sais under construction in the web

The problem was your nameservers where not updated, i just took care of it for you. Please allow 24 hours for propogation.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Ram_Industries
      First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

Re: DNS Question

While doing a DNSReport on the domain name of Martech-Inc.biz, I came across 6 Warnings and 2 Fail statements.

Below are the types of warning and fail messages I found.
      What I would like to know is how to fix each area, and where to go to correct these warnings and failures.

Fail messages are listed first:

1). Acceptance of postmaster address: mailservers do not accept mail to postmaster@martech-inc.biz

2). Single Point of Failure: ERROR: Although you have at least 2 NS records, they both point to the same server, resulting in a single point of failure. You are required to have at least 2 nameservers per RFC 1035 section 2.2.

Warning Errors:

1). Glue at parent nameservers: WARNING. The parent servers (I checked with b.gtld.biz.) are not providing glue for all your nameservers. This means that they are supplying the NS records (host.example.com), but not supplying the A records (192.0.2.53), which can cause slightly slower connections, and may cause incompatibilities with some non-RFC-compliant programs.

2). Nameservers on separate class C's: WARNING: We cannot test to see if your nameservers are all on the same Class C (technically, /24) range, because the root servers are not sending glue. We plan to add such a test later, but today you will have to manually check to make sure that they are on separate Class C ranges. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations. You should not have all of your nameservers at the same location. RFC2182 3.1 goes into more detail about secondary nameserver location.

3). SOA REFRESH value: WARNING: Your SOA REFRESH interval is : 86400 seconds. This seems high. You should consider decreasing this value to about 3600-7200 seconds (or higher, if using DNS NOTIFY). RFC1912 2.2 recommends a value between 1200 to 43200 seconds (20 minutes to 12 hours, with the longer time periods used for very slow Internet connections).

4). SOA EXPIRE value: WARNING: Your SOA EXPIRE time is : 3600000 seconds. This seems a bit high. You should consider decreasing this value to about 1209600 to 2419200 seconds (2 to 4 weeks). RFC1912 suggests 2-4 weeks. This is how long a secondary/slave nameserver will wait before considering its DNS data stale if it can't reach the primary nameserver.

5). Acceptance of abuse address: WARNING: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail to abuse@Martech-Inc.biz. Mailservers are expected by RFC2142 to accept mail to abuse.

martech-inc.biz's abuse response:<br /> >>> RCPT TO:<abuse@Martech-Inc.biz><br /> <<< 550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this 550 message to verify they are valid." <br />

6). SPF record: Your domain does not have an SPF record. This means that spammers can easily send out E-mail that looks like it came from your domain, which can make your domain look bad (if the recipient thinks you really sent it), and can cost you money (when people complain to you, rather than the spammer). You may want to add an SPF record ASAP, as 01 Oct 2004 was the target date for domains to have SPF records in place (Hotmail, for example, started checking SPF records on 01 Oct 2004).

Any and all information available on the above errors is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ram_Industries
      Robert Montgomery
      Ram_Industries
      Robert A. Montgomery
      Ram-Industries@comcast.net
      http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

Working...
      X