• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j0sh710
    First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Domain Question

ok well i got a new domain rampshack.com and i was wondering if it is possible that i have that domain just go to a directory on my my server hosted by you guys (clannsr.com/rampshack) but i dont want it to show up as that in the address bar.

Or if there is some way i can set it up on the server so it will just be rampshack.com and i can put all that stuff. sorry if what i am saying is confusing. i just dont like people going to a website for a business and it saying clannsr.com at in the address bar.
    http://www.rampshack.com
    Sliced/Coded/Manged
    Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Domain Question

Originally posted by j0sh710 View Post
    ok well i got a new domain rampshack.com and i was wondering if it is possible that i have that domain just go to a directory on my my server hosted by you guys (clannsr.com/rampshack) but i dont want it to show up as that in the address bar.

Or if there is some way i can set it up on the server so it will just be rampshack.com and i can put all that stuff. sorry if what i am saying is confusing. i just dont like people going to a website for a business and it saying clannsr.com at in the address bar.

If you have purchased the domain name rampshack.com and you have a web hosting account with voda host with another domain, you can simply add this domain to your hosting account as an "add-on" domain, do so in your control panel, and your address will be www.rampshack.com the clannsr.com name will not enter into this. Be sure this new domain is pointed to your two voda hosting servers supplied to you in your welcome email, as is your other domain if it is under one account with VH.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• derynmcg
      Corporal

• Jul 2007

Hi to all you really helpful folks. I have a similar issue. I have www.nustartnz.com hosted by vodahost. I also have www.nustart.co.nz which is hosted by a New Zealand hosting company. I would like vodahost to host this also. Do I do this as above, adding this domain as an "add-on" domain? If so, please provide a 'for dummies' explanation of pointing the 2 voda hosting servers.
      Or, do I do some kind of transfer? Does this result in 2 lots of hosting fees?

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

Yes you just do the same as above, the process is the same for adding any additional website to your hosting account. All you have to do is point the nameservers for your .co.nz domain to whatever the nameservers are assigned for your specific account. You don't have to transfer, and all the fees there ever should be is the fees for hosting, which is monthly, quarterly, or whatever you have your account setup for, and the yearly domain registration/renewal fees.

Vodahost has tutorials for some of the major domain registrars on how to change the nameservers. If you need assistance with that most popular companies will have some guide to help you through it.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• derynmcg
          Corporal

• Jul 2007

Many thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
          X