new website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new website

I am hoping to build a website which has nothing to do with my other website, I have already purchased the domain name and wish to use it. I have an account with bluevoda, can I just make another website and use the domain name I have purchased (not bought from bluevoda) if so, how do I do it?

Re: new website

Hi, what you will have to do is create an add on domain in your cpannel & then get you domain provider to point it at your server. So! Have a look on this page http://www.vodahost.com/login.htm to what ip address you are & then ask your domain provider to point your domain at the corresponding 2 P/S/Name severs. So if your IP is 74.52.137.210 you would have your domain pointed at ns19.vodahost.com ns20.vodahost.com.

Good luck.
    PS. A lot of domain providers let you do this via a admin area in your account. Also some good info here. http://www.vodahost.com/tut_dns.htm
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks for that, I'm in the process of it but my domain provider is asking for the ips tag I want to transfer my domain to.
      Whats the IPS tag?

Comment

Hi, i would of asumed [tag=vodahost] but let others conferthis. This seems like they are transfering the domain & not just pointing it at the VH servers. But i may be wrong.
        This link may help you. LINK
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

tag = enom
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            tag = enom

???

Comment

You have asked what is the tag for Vodahost. It is " enom "
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X