• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Garrity
    Corporal

• Oct 2007

Domain Forwarding

I purchased my domain name via Yahoo. They have domain forwarding. Can I simply forward my domain name to my IP address at VodaHost?

I dont have a functional site yet, but I'd like to start using the bandwidth for file transfers. Right now I have signed up at VodaHost with my Yahoo registered domain name, and when I try to download the files I have uploaded to my VodaHost server account, I am redirected to my website where the domain name is assigned to.

If I reassign my domain name by forwarding it to my VodaHost server account, will this allow people to download the files I am uploading? And if so, what do I forward the domain name to?

Please help. I'm just getting started with this and my customers are anticipating these files.

Thanks
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Domain Forwarding

Hi

Log into your current domain registrar and point your domain to your two voda host servers, found in your "log in information" email ... ... You will want to publish at least an index page for your domain and as you say, upload your files for downloading via the link you will supply to people ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Joe Garrity
      Corporal

• Oct 2007

Thanks for the info Lady Eye.

I'm begining to think I may want to leave my domain name assigned to my old site, until I can create a new one here at VodaHost. Seeing as how that may take some time, Is there a method to using the bandwidth here at my VodaHost account, without transfering the domain name immediately?

What I'm thinking, is to provide links at my current site, that will access the files here at VodaHost. Once I have constructed the new site here, I would transfer the domain name. My current account at VodaHost was opened under the domain name I am using at my current website. How could I go about this?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

well unless you have a another domain that you could add with voda host you can't have your domain name pointing to two different hosts servers, it's just not possible. Not that I am aware of anyway.

You could purchase another domain name with voda host, add it on to your voda host account and then you could redirect traffic from a page on your exisiting domain elsewhere to your page here at voda host ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Joe Garrity
          Corporal

• Oct 2007

Well, so much for that idea. Guess I'll have to get on with transfering that domain name. They say it takes 24 to 72 hours for it to process. I sure hope it's sooner.

Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Joe Garrity View Post
            Well, so much for that idea. Guess I'll have to get on with transfering that domain name. They say it takes 24 to 72 hours for it to process. I sure hope it's sooner.

Appreciate the feedback.

Well if you are transferring your domain to Voda Host, the process can take longer, this depends on your current registrar not Voda Host, ... however, if you didn't want to go through the transfer process, you could immediately repoint this domain to your voda servers and have instant access ..
            Just a thought for you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Joe Garrity
              Corporal

• Oct 2007

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
              Well if you are transferring your domain to Voda Host, the process can take longer, this depends on your current registrar not Voda Host, ... however, if you didn't want to go through the transfer process, you could immediately repoint this domain to your voda servers and have instant access ..
              Just a thought for you ..
              Thanks LadyEye:

This sounds like the approach I will be taking initially.

I'm trying to sign in at Voda Host Domains, and I can't seem to figure out which ID and Password they are requesting.

I watched the video tutorial, and it indicates that when I log in, there should be some sort of confirmation for me to make the transition.

Do I need to create an account?

I have the ID and password that was sent to me in the e-mail ("Log-in Information"). But it won't accept the input.

What do I need to do?

Thanks
              Joe

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

If you were trying to log into vbs you will need your email and password.
                If you are logging into your control panel, it will be the username and password supplied.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X