• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarkephoto
    Private First Class

• Oct 2007

Transfer Question

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to bother you with this problem. Since is my first time trying to get a website up and running any assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Here is my situation. (I already submitted a Support Ticket, but have not recieved any feedback).

After recieving a STANDARDIZED FORM OF AUTHORIZATION to continue with my DOMAIN NAME TRANSFER - Initial Authorization for Registrar Transfer, I still can not publish my website. I followed as I was directed in the AUTHORIZATION EMAIL. I did the following:

1) Agreed to enter into a new Registration Agreement with BlueVoda.

2) Recieved an email explaining how the current registrar of records approved the request. Was told the domain name would be transfered by October 22, 2007 at the latest.

3) Responded to the transfer using the URL provided, before October 24, 2007 (deadline before transfer not possible).

I've looked up detailed information on my account and found out that the current REGISTRATION SERVICE IS PROVIDED BY VODAHOST, the Administrative Contact and Technical Contact is Vodahost.

The only thing that confuses me relates to why the NAME OF THE SERVERS remains:
    NS5.IXWEBHOSTING.COM
    NS6.IXWEBHOSTING.COM
    instead of the IP ADDRESS Blue Voda Provided me with.

How is it that it looks like the transfer of my account has taken place , but the server is still incorrect? What should I do?

Please tell me what I need to do to publish my website. I believe I have followed everything I was told to do properly.

Thank you,
    Sara
    www.popsiclepantsparker.com
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Domain Name Transfer Still Not Working

Hi, it looks like your domain has transfered. It seem like you just have to go to your domain control panel (VH billing) & point the domain at your VH server. Wile your there you can change the name from brads name to your own as the owner.
    If you need a check? pop your domain url in the box at this address.
    Research domain ownership with Whois Lookup: Get ownership info, IP address history, rank, traffic, SEO & more. Find available domains & domains for sale.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• clarkephoto
      Private First Class

• Oct 2007

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help. It seems like what you would like me to do to resolve his problem should be fairly simple. Since I'm new to navigating around the Control Panel's interface, would you mind outlining what steps I should take to find where to point the domain to the VH server?

I know I've overlooked where I should be, since I've opened all of the folders in the control panel.

Hopefully you wouldn't mind walking me through where to navigate. I'm a real rookie.

Thanks,
      Sara

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

Sara,

First off its not in your cpanel, go here

You should have gotten a login for that at the same time as your welcome letter and login to your cpanel.

After you login there, you click on my packages and then domains..then click on your domain name so you can edit it, and type in the server you want it to point to . That info is also in your packet. it should be something like

nsXX.vodahost.com, two of them the X= a number. ns12.vodahost.com, ns13.vodahost.com or whatever your numbers are. Then save your changes.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• VodaHost
          General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Transfer Question

Please submit a suoport ticket.......Click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X