• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albumin40
    Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

Publishing Addon Domain problems

Hi

My main site is www.miscarriage-ni.org.uk (up and running successfully)
    My addon site is www.in-scents.org (which I registered with VodaHost) has been published successfully.

The problem is that when I enter the URL I see the site which is shown in the attached screenshot.

Now, according to General Account Info in CPanel I have no parked domains. I had this problem previously so I sent a support ticket, only to be advised to remove the addon domain. I did this and tried going through the steps to add and publish the domain again. I thought I did everything correctly, but I am getting the website shown in the attachment.

I am sure I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what.

I was advised to look in VBS to check for the two VodaHost servers (I know my main site is on Voda1, but do not know what to look for.

Please bear in mind I am no expert!

I really need help with this.

Kind Regards
    Attached Files
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Publishing Addon Domain problems

Hi again

I don't believe you have changed your name servers yet.

Okay you purchased your second domain from voda host and it is ready for you to change the name servers, these servers will be the same servers that you main (first) domain are on.

http://vodahost.com/modernbill/

(use your email address and the password for your account to log into this area)

Once inside, go to MY SITES, MY DOMAINS, you should then see the new domain that you purchased, click that domain, on the next page look for CHANGE DNS, then you will see where you must remove the name servers that are there and replace with your two name servers from your main account. You can find the two name servers
    from this page http://www.vodahost.com/login.htm ns.??vodahost.com and ns.??vodahost.com - that is what you must type in the number one and number two position.

Once you have done this, you then go into your control panel and choose the ADD ON Domain icon, a folder is automatically created for you and you will do all your publishing to that folder ... public_html/in-scents

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• albumin40
      Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

Dear LadyEye

Thank you so much for your help and patience. I really appreciate it. I am an absolute beginner with all this and without fail I always receive great help from the forum.

Very Kind Regards

Colin

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi Colin ...

I see you have mastered this .. great news ... we look forward to the completion of your site ... Good Luck ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X