Add on Domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on Domains

Hello, I am new to BV and I thought I did the add on procedure correctly. I have 4 domain names that I am building websites for:
    www.davidparkscpa.com
    www.georgetowncountyanimalrescue.org
    www.firstbaptistchurchofmurrellsinlet.org
    www.tdsportsllc.com

Now, I had purchased these domain names from Go Daddy and have just today pointed all 4 to the new server "ns1.voda etc...

For some reason not all the names come through when i enter on the internet. Could use some help to make sure I made the changes correctly.
    thanks, David

Re: Add on Domains

Here are the results I find ..

All seem to be pointed to voda servers and would require you to add it on as an ADDON domain in your control panel and do your publishing to public_html/firstbaptistchurchofmurrellsinlet

You will need to type that in your publish box and remove it when publishing to another domain ...

And the same for georgetown and tdsportsllc.....

Your davidparkscpa.com is fine ...

If you've done this, delete the add on domains, and then readd them ..

Organize individual folders for these domains within your blue voda folder on your own computer .. as each will require their own index page .. this helps to prevent overwriting your material from one domain to the other ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks lady for the answer. i will redo the addons. the folders - do they have to be the same name or can i shorten the folder, such as, georgetowncountyanimalrescue will be gcar, and the same for each of the others?
      David
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

The names have to be the exact same as the domain name when you put it in as an addon. Your folders you can name whatever you want to know what they are.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

lol ... well I am confused here .. Mr. MaGoo are you David Parks, if so, you are not new to blue voda as in your opening statement, lol ... two user names? Like I say, you have me confused.

Also, you will need a voda hosting account for each of these clients, you cannot publish their domains to your own voda hosting account ...

Now who are you, lol, who goes there?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

mrmagoo is assisting me with this project and didnt have my username to get more information. Notwithstanding, i can assure you that I am David Parks. I still have the problem with getting my add on domains to come up correctly when I try to bring the sites up.
            1. i have named my folder in Blue Voda - firstbaptistchurchofmurrellsinlet
            - I have added on the name as my domain name being www.firstbaptistchurchofmurrellsinlet.org
            - I have the username/directory/subdomain name as: firstbaptistchurchofmurrellsinlet
            - I have published the index page of this site under public_html/firstbaptistchurchofmurrellsinlet

when i bring up this website i get the home page of davidparkscpa.com and the microsoft internet explorer name is Georgetown County Animal Rescue.
            What am I doing wrong?
            David Parks.

Comment

Welcome David .....

lol David 1 and David 2 .. thanks for clearing up my confusion,

It appears that you have done things correctly, you could try deleting these and readding but you have likely already done that ...

I think you should send a ticket through to support and ask for them to have a look for you, I believe this would be worth it ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X