• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghostgirl
    Private

• Nov 2007

My new domain name

Hiya....I am new to bv....but have been working with the web builder for several months...I thought I was understanding all this publishing stuff but I seem to be sending myself round in circles....ok...I will try to explain this problem clearly....I have a main domain with bv..... www.iowgh.com
    I created a subdomain..... www.purewightgold.iowgh.com I publish files for that one to public_html/purewightgold....but then I purchased a domain name so that site could stand alone..... www.purewightgold.com I have pointed that name at the ns1 and ns2 servers for vodahost....and then created an add on domain for this....now....i can access all my pages through this addy... www.purewightgold.com EXCEPT for my index page for this site...why is that? the index page is in my purewightgold folder in blue voda....but when you click on www.purewightgold.com you get the index page for my main site.... www.iowgh.com I dont understand...the index pages for both sites are in separate folders....am I publishing pages for purewightgold.com to the wrong directory or something???
    thanks for your help in advance....
    ghostgirl
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: problems with adding my new domain name

It sounds like you published the wrong index page to the purewightgold site - I suggest you simply open the index page fore purewightgold again - and publish it again - making sure to do so to public_html/purewightgold
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• ghostgirl
      Private

• Nov 2007

thanx for getting back to me.....yes...have published index.html to public_html/purewightgold....no joy.....if you click on www.purewightgold.com you get the index page for www.iowgh.com hmmmmmmm....wondering what directory i have the domain www.purewightgold.com pointing at.....could that be the problem?? I am going crackers......it obviously has something to do with the index pages for both sites conflicting....but they are both in their own folders....i dont know...i feel if i start trying to move files and folders around...i will screw things up beyond repair.....heres another thing...I had to publish all my other pages to public_html to get them to show under the addy www.purewightgold.com could I have pointed the domain name at the wrong directory....how can I find out if that is the case?
      thanx again...
      ghostgirl

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi .. it appears you have your addon domain pointed to your voda servers.
        If you had added this domain on as purewightgold.com and have created an index page for this domain and have published it to public_html/purewightgold then all should be good ..

I think I would submit a support ticket and ask support to have a look at your control panel, they will be able to resolve this issue quickly for you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• ghostgirl
          Private

• Nov 2007

Re: My new domain name

thanks very much for your help...will do that....
          ghostgirl

Comment

Working...
          X